Question: Dev Unlocked Device & Mango Beta?

cookiemonster21x

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello, just an open question to anyone who's in the know..

I've recently begun exploring developing apps for WP7. As a student I was able to register to the apphub via DreamSpark for free and got all the awesome tools, including the ability to dev unlock my device!

I currently have one and only one wp device, my HTC Trophy on Verizon. This is my only phone these days and I use it for absolutely everything.. Just wondering if its recomended (safe) to unlock my primry phone device & load up some mango beta sweetness??

I just recently got this phone on 2-year contract and want to ensure doing so does not mess-up my chances of future updates (i.e. actual mango release)/optimal performance on what will likely be my primary device over the next year or more..

any thoughts? thanks.

Goodeye

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am using mango on my day to day phone and have had no issues (even hops onto my Microcell with ATT with no problem) however Microsoft does warn that it could have bugs, and loading it on a day to day device could cause undesirable issues. However I myself have had non and it works like a dream.

I say go for it!

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Goodeye. I've been using it for a couple of weeks, and I haven't found any issues with it. Go for it, you'll be happy you did.

cookiemonster21x

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice! I've decided to go ahead with the beta despite the final build seeming to be near release..

Unfortunately I have been unable to figure out where/how to download the update. I'm registered to the AppHub via DreamSpark and have my device dev unlocked & the updated SDK installed..

Anyone know where to download the (legit) mango beta??

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You need to submit an app to the marketplace to get verified. Paid app developers do this by way of GeoTrust verification.

Then you will get an email inviting you to the Mango BETA and download links for the update, this also means you get support should anything go wrong and MS will fix your device for you if need be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99