Why do I have to pull my battery so often?

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, with my Surround, my first Focus and my current Focus, it just randomly won't turn on. I press the wake-up button, and nothing. I have to pull the battery and start it from scratch. It fires up super fast, way faster than my Android phone, but seriously Microsoft? Why does my phone have to reboot so often?

I hope this is fixed with Mango.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, this is never an issues for me.

Nor sure about Surround, but it could be problem with focus if you have a SD card installed.

What specific SD card do you have? Model #.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm having that issue occasionally with my current Focus, but I've been having issues with this device; a refurb.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Since November I have only pulled the battery 4 times (that I can remember) on my Surround. Twice to deal with the alarm bug that was resolved after a hard reset, once after my phone froze using an after market battery, and don't remember why for the other event.

Most, but not all, soft resets (without a battery pull) have been for maintenance, like resetting after uninstalling a troublesome app, making a change using ACT, or testing the results of a reset on the Endpoint registry keys. Since resolving my early alarm issues, probably no more than 1 or 2 unplanned soft resets a month.

It would be good to understand the events leading up to your need for a battery pull, to develop so kind of pattern.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
That's an odd issue doesn't seam to be something any of us are experiencing at leas not on a regular bases. Its got to be some type of software issue with something you have used on both devices.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Something wrong with your phones. Focus I have hasn't had the battery out of since I put the sd card in it and hasn't been restarted in a month or more.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

kenshinesca

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had to do this for my Focus yet. Of course I've only had it a week. I listened to the WPcentral podcast 117 and one guy on there said he has to pull his battery on his Samsung Omnia about once a week.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Could be a bad app. Could try uninstalling some applications you think may be the culprit one at a time and see if you can figure it out. Shouldn't be the phone unless the battery is bad, but my money is on some application.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the notoriously problematic Dell Venue Pro and have had to pull my battery no more than once a month, if that. I do however, have to soft reset two or three times a week, which will hopefully be fixed with the FW update this week.

Oh yeah. Your issue. ;) I would suggest what dtboos suggested. Try to determine when the behavior began and then go to your app purchase history in Zune and start deleting apps one by one, over the course of some days, in the order you purchased them, from most recent to least (tedious, I know). Hopefully, you can determine if that's the cause.

With three phones doing the same thing, it's gotta be the shoes... er I mean apps.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I've had this issue with my Focus a few times, but had it with my Nexus S 4G (not a wp device, but is a samsung) a few times a day! Had to send that sucka packing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte