After Mango... what's next?

mcwop

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I don't even have Mango yet on my Samsung Focus 1.4. So if that does not come soon, what will come after is a more advanced, gazillion app iPhone 4S. MSFT does not have a clue. Maybe Ballmer can tell us how useless Siri is, and QR readers and all the other stuff the iPhone has and Winblows phone does not. What a mistake buying a Windows phone was for me.

Nice UI paradigm, but we can see MSFT is just not agile enough.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I don't even have Mango yet on my Samsung Focus 1.4. So if that does not come soon, what will come after is a more advanced, gazillion app iPhone 4S. MSFT does not have a clue. Maybe Ballmer can tell us how useless Siri is, and QR readers and all the other stuff the iPhone has and Winblows phone does not. What a mistake buying a Windows phone was for me.

Microsoft devs are working on Tango/Apollo was we speak. They are super agile. It's the OEMs who are dragging their feet.

mcwop

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft devs are working on Tango/Apollo was we speak. They are super agile. It's the OEMs who are dragging their feet.

MSFT has dropped the ball by allowing OEMs far too much leeway. Regardless, MSFT KNew about the focus 1.4 hardware difference since NODO. They ignored it IMO, and did not require the OEMs to comply. Do not coddle OEMs that hold your platform back. appple has several different hardware configs, and they can figure it out pretty well.

So Tango is irrelevant when I still do not even have Mango. So I will blog, and social network the fact the WP7 remains far behind he competition. If MSFT wants me to stop, deliver the update, or pressure your OEMs to do so. Am I the only one that recognizes the WP7 I'd seriously lagging?

So regardless of OEMS, MSFTs name is one my phone's OS.

trakkar

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
1. separate volume for music/phone ringer
2. equalizer in zune
3. custom tile colors or even size.
4. ability to have a custom app order
5. custom SMS alert tones
6. those API's for timer apps for ringer/vibrate/ wireless on etc

just come off 2 years of IOS and really like mango, the above would just make it near perfect.
cheers

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
MSFT has dropped the ball by allowing OEMs far too much leeway. Regardless, MSFT KNew about the focus 1.4 hardware difference since NODO. They ignored it IMO, and did not require the OEMs to comply. Do not coddle OEMs that hold your platform back. appple has several different hardware configs, and they can figure it out pretty well.

So Tango is irrelevant when I still do not even have Mango. So I will blog, and social network the fact the WP7 remains far behind he competition. If MSFT wants me to stop, deliver the update, or pressure your OEMs to do so. Am I the only one that recognizes the WP7 I'd seriously lagging?

So regardless of OEMS, MSFTs name is one my phone's OS.

MS makes the OS, samsung makes the hardware. Funny that you ONLY blame MS though. Isn't Samsung's name on your PHONE? Have you contacted samsung and asked for a replacement with a handset that has mango? Its called an RMA request. Email them about it. You are just complaining and expecting something to happen.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Dont blame the OS if you do not know what it can do.

Scan QR Codes | Scan Microsoft Tag | Scan Text | Mobile Search | Windows Phone 7

One of the reasons the OS does not have 400,000 apps is because the OS can do so much out of the box without the need for apps.

Have you tried translating text on an iphone by taking a picture? How about copying scanned text and pasting it into an SMS or email?

Not sure if these are Mango features or not though. Again, email samsung and ask for an RMA if you have not already.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Dont blame the OS if you do not know what it can do.

Scan QR Codes | Scan Microsoft Tag | Scan Text | Mobile Search | Windows Phone 7

One of the reasons the OS does not have 400,000 apps is because the OS can do so much out of the box without the need for apps.

Have you tried translating text on an iphone by taking a picture? How about copying scanned text and pasting it into an SMS or email?

Not sure if these are Mango features or not though. Again, email samsung and ask for an RMA if you have not already.

Siri? Yeah Apple really broke new ground adding voice commands.. oh wait, no they didn't.
What are all these "other things"? Hear that a lot but no one really seems to be able to really mention anything specifically.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Linky, please! :)

Sorry for tge delay was out of town and no access to web except through the focus and did not get on the site. I will try to find the url I think it was an article from a carrier or Qualcomm that mentioned the time line for Tango and Apollo!

EDIT Well over on WMPoweruser a few mins ago there was an article from Nokia saying they will have windows 8 tablets in June 2012 and also a higher end phone in the first 1/2 of 2012. We also have as rumor or fact not sure that windoows 8 andd Windows Phone 8 will be released at the same time. This would put Apollo (WP8) in June od 2012.

Last edited:

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
1. separate volume for music/phone ringer
2. equalizer in zune
3. custom tile colors or even size.
4. ability to have a custom app order
5. custom SMS alert tones
6. those API's for timer apps for ringer/vibrate/ wireless on etc

just come off 2 years of IOS and really like mango, the above would just make it near perfect.
cheers

I agree with this list and Id like to add:
1. Seperate volume controls for the keyboard as well. ..and maybe a heptic feedback option. I like to have some feedback when Im typing, like the clicking of a hardware keyboard or simply heptic feedback. The current popping noise is perfect at volume 8. (but the whole phone has to be at volume 8, which I dont like)
2. Seperate vibrate functions for text msgs, ringer, and when in silent mode.

I have no problems with the media department in wp7. Its easy to use, excellent integration etc.. But to me, media is a plus and Id be fine with how it handles on any OS.
Whats first to me is good phone functions in settings/options. Wp7 is secondary in this department. If there were an update that focuses primarily on these things, Id never wanna use anything else..

Pavel

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I want a file manager screen when I plug my phone into my comp. I came from webos, when I plugged my Pre in I had the option to treat my phone as a USB drive. Could EASILY organize my photos, add ebooks, delete/add Music. You know, control my device. With the Win7/Zune/cloud storage? my photos are scattered and multi-copied, or just plain missing. (though Zune says they are there) I still don?t know what is where. (who designed the Zune interface, a MAC lover?)
I have to move my books to the web just to download them to my phone?!?! I want to manage my files directly, not through a server across the planet. I don?t want every photo or song on my computers on my phone! (Zune is crippling to deal with when you are trying to ?sync? 200 of 3000+ songs or 20 photos in 5 albums out of a collection of 2000+ in 100 albums.) I could not care less about moving photos to Facebook or any social site. I just want my phone to serve as the photos in my wallet. I want a file manager.

marbla

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Actually some more advanced network capabilities toward EAP-TTLS would really benefit quite a few university and business users... Aside from that I can't complain too much.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

rjw3000

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Like others said, a file manager as well as it reading like a USB drive to move files onto/off the device. I hate using programs to manage simple file moves.

A stop button on the music player. And a way to close it. Clear recent artists list as well.

Clear out recent in the people tab. I just like having the ability to clear any recent lists on my devices/computers due to nosy types who might want to look at or check out the phone.

built-in podcast app needs a few improvements from it's current incarnation. doesn't allow manually entering podcasts not listed in the marketplace that I can see and I don't like the auto-download only option. Would prefer a notification and let me download it when I want as an option.

Allow 3rd party notifiers on the lock screen. That would be great for any IM programs like Whatsapp or IM+ to have. Then I can just look at the lock screen and not have to unlock the phone and check.

Use the LED on my Radar that is used with the charger to double as a notification light.

More snooze options on the alarm.

Adding Yahoo, GTalk and whatever into the messaging hub. Also, allow multiple hotmail/live IM accounts in the messaging hub

kjk411

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
next version or app to build

I realize this is counter intuitive to a smart phone, but there is merit to an option or app to dumb down the device for elder uses. My dad is is 74, loves the internet but is challenged by too many features. It would be nice if there was a good happy medium to appeal to these users

kjk411

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Integrate Zune into voice search like the Xbox. , Bing led zeppelin, play something by led zeppelin, Bing Tom Clancy, read book...[YT][/YT]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss