07-23-2011 11:34 AM
37 12
tools
    I love my Samsung Focus. It is 10 times better than the iPhone 3G that I had for 3 1/2 years. The Windows Live integration is worth the price of admission. I'm failing to see what features our phones are lacking.
    07-22-2011 03:38 PM
    I love my Samsung Focus. It is 10 times better than the iPhone 3G that I had for 3 1/2 years. The Windows Live integration is worth the price of admission. I'm failing to see what features our phones are lacking.
    It's missing a lot of features my friend.
    07-22-2011 04:06 PM
    What features? Besides MMS?

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    07-22-2011 06:01 PM
    I'm here to agree and disagree. Haha

I really like the WP7 phone I have. I have owned a palm pre, Android and Iphone. This phone seems to work the way a smartphone should work. I don't care about multiple apps running in the background, thats overrated... Just make sure you can play music and browse the net while doing other things. I think Android has overcomplicated a lot with the way the OS works.

The WP7 phone OS as we speak needs some work. The browser... Makes me want to kill myself! Apps that I need there aren't many to chose from and the ones that have high ratings I feel are overrated. I do like that you can try pretty much every app though.The integration of social sites is great, but who wants to go through that to find a contact on their phone?? I tried it and the features that full apps have are better for me.

To get people interested its all about apps that work.. Sad but true. Get popular apps made and working right and you might get people to give it a chance. Get Dev's interested if they think they can sell an app. Why jump off a ship that you know floats??

I know this is a young OS and Mango has a lot to look forward to, but once its out we will see.
    07-22-2011 07:22 PM
    I have to agree with the article for the most part. WP7 has been very slow to take off. MS's share of the smartphone market has actually dropped significantly since WP7's launch.

That said, I still feel there is hope that WP7 can gain a strong position over the next year or two. A LOT will change in the next year:

1. Mango
    2. second wave of WP7 devices
    3. Nokia (world's 3rd largest smartphone manufacturer) switching to WP7 exclusively, meaning we will finally get some high-end, flagship WP7 devices
    4. Evo 4G/Galaxy S/Droid owners coming up on their 2-year upgrades
    5. All the patent lawsuits against Android manufacturers. DO NOT underestimate how badly this can affect Android's position. HTC pays $5/Android device, Samsung may pay $15/device to MS but is trying to negotiate it down to "only" $10/device. Meanwhile Oracle is seeking SERIOUS money from Google, and Apple has a good chance of blocking some Android handsets from being imported. It isn't hard to imagine a near future where Android is too expensive and too risky, and device manufacturers turn to WP7 instead.

I REALLY hope MS uses the Mango launch as sort of a "coming out" for the WP7 platform. They need to push the message that "WP7 is here, it's no longer playing catch-up, and we'll show you why you should want it".

Regardless, MS is in this for the long haul. They have very deep pockets, and the mobile market is just too important to lose.
    selfcreation likes this.
    07-22-2011 07:36 PM

What features? lol seriously? ok your runing mango alredy right?

haff pf the xbox live intergration/potential is missing.haha ( kinda disapointing.. )
    07-22-2011 07:39 PM
    Oh, and I am going to call this right now: exclusive WP7 game in the Halo universe. Achievements in this game will unlock exclusive gear/goodies in the upcoming Halo remake for Xbox 360.

There is a tremendous amount of potential in their Xbox 360 audience. I'd be shocked if they don't do some kind of Halo tie-in.
    07-22-2011 07:46 PM
    Oh, and I am going to call this right now: exclusive WP7 game in the Halo universe. Achievements in this game will unlock exclusive gear/goodies in the upcoming Halo remake for Xbox 360.

There is a tremendous amount of potential in their Xbox 360 audience. I'd be shocked if they don't do some kind of Halo tie-in.
    I take that !!
    Winterfang likes this.
    07-22-2011 07:48 PM

What about the FIVE HUNDRED features Mango will bring that I don't have? Mango is not out yet so none of those count. What about Flash or Silverlight support on IE9?
    smartpatrol likes this.
    07-22-2011 08:04 PM
    What features? lol seriously? ok your runing mango alredy right?

haff pf the xbox live intergration/potential is missing.haha ( kinda disapointing.. )
    Exactly. Why can't I listen to voice messages from my Live friends on my phone? It's a phone.
    07-22-2011 08:12 PM
    It's missing a lot of features my friend.
    buy an iphone then... i dont see anything in that article that makes for good reading, lol. i think it is funny when people complain about this and that. if something is better, go buy it? really... ive used every platform available, and i can say in my opinion, the wp7 OS is for me. i speak from experience, i didnt come from a feature phone.
    07-23-2011 09:56 AM
    @Pronk
    My main objection to the article was stated in my first paragraph. Perhaps if it wasn't noted as a "great article", I wouldn't be so critical of it.

I apologize for not responding to your other points. Nothing personal, it's just that this has been debated by myself and others ad nauseum, and I'm a little tired it now.
    07-23-2011 11:34 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD