Copy & Paste Amnesia Problem

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Alright, can somebody technically inclined please explain why Copy & Paste in Windows Phone experiences severe memory loss at times?

You can tell when this happens because the little paste icon stares back at you with this grayed out look. It literally is gray. Its like its saying: I know you just copied something but I don't honestly remember what it is.

Annoys the **** out of me. Anybody know what's going on and if this gets fixed in Mango?

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean? If it because you copy something and it disappears then fear not. The icon just went to the side, if you flick it to the right the paste sign will appear again and you can paste to your heart's content.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
It happens to me as well. I'm not sure what causes it, and I haven't been able to recreate it, although it seems like it happens with data that's been on the clipboard for a while. It's never happened, to the best of my knowledge, immediately after copying something.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Winterfang- Thanks for the suggestion. This problem exists after I do the flick move. The icon appears as usual but its all gray. Tapping on it yields nothing but more aggravation.

Rico- Precisely. I did notice the phenomenon happens usually after some time has passed. Its like the clipboard goes stale. However its also happened to me within seconds of copying text. Something is interfering with the clipboard and its not cool.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos