Mango Question?

Scorask

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone, I just received my HTC Trophy yesterday and have it pretty much set up and loving it so far. I'm a noob to WP7 and wanted to know when and how the Mango update will be released? I keep reading in the fall of 2011 but is that a definite time? Also will I be able to d/l the upgrade wirelessly? Thanks in advance for the help, I greatly appreciate it.

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
There is no definite release date, or even a month that we can expect it. Recent findings have led some to believe that it will come sooner than hoped (Maybe September/October?), but it will more than likely be "released" in the "Fall" and make it to phones by the end of the year or the beginning of next year. Those of us with AT&T and/or Samsung devices will more than likely be in that latter category.

No, you will no be able to update wirelessly. It will require you to plug your phone in to a computer and update through Zune.

Scorask

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
There is no definite release date, or even a month that we can expect it. Recent findings have led some to believe that it will come sooner than hoped (Maybe September/October?), but it will more than likely be "released" in the "Fall" and make it to phones by the end of the year or the beginning of next year. Those of us with AT&T and/or Samsung devices will more than likely be in that latter category.

No, you will no be able to update wirelessly. It will require you to plug your phone in to a computer and update through Zune.

Oh, and welcome to WP7. :) You'll enjoy your stay.

Thanks for the response and info. I have another stupid question, lol, what is Zune and where can I find it?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Zune is an itunes like device. You can use it to sign pictures, videos and other files from your computer to your find and the other way around.

Also is a heck of a media player, I recommend using it.

Edit: also welcome to Windows Phone, you are a king and I love you.

Scorask

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Zune is an itunes like device. You can use it to sign pictures, videos and other files from your computer to your find and the other way around.

Also is a heck of a media player, I recommend using it.

Edit: also welcome to Windows Phone, you are a king and I love you.

lol, thank you. I'm glad you recognized me.

Zune is a program that is used to sync WP7 devices with your computer. This is for adding/removing pictures, music, videos, etc.

You can find it here: Download the Zune Software | Homepage | Zune.net

It is needed.

Thank you also, I will get the hang of it eventually, I hope.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb