switching from atrix to phone 7

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
ok, i currently have a moto atrix and i drop calls constantly. i started with an iphone 4 and dropped some calls but not as much since i made the switch to atrix. well, first i went to the inspire and that phone was just bad. i am on my 5th atrix, the 2nd warrentied one... im sick of it and want to try another phone. i refuse to use blackberry and dont really want to go back to ip4.

so my question is, what att phone would you fine folks recommend. i have the choice between focus or hd7s. i cant get the focus for less money, but if the extra dollars for the hd7s is worth it i can do that also. i look forward to your suggestions. thank you...

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Focus, imho. Based on absolutely nothing other than the fact that it is what I have, and I would marry this phone if she'd have me.

prowade

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I believe the Focus has a better battery. It is also what I have and I absolutely love it. I also came from Android and had been there since the G1.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
LMAO!! . aaah man the ATRIX is such a Piece of shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!! lol holy crap

when moto came over to DEMO it , we manige to freez in in 20sec. HAHA so bad.

as for the phones: focus = cheaper and better.

hoesntly i think the FOCUS is best wp right now ( and omnia 7 )

but HTC has some really good Apps that you can only get with HTC ....

id go to the stoer and play with both of them side by side to compare....

promiss me one thing . dont buy the phone till you compare the screen side by side :p

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Didn't the Atrix got a 9/10 on Engadget? It's the first Dual Core phone and it was the best android of it's time.

The drop calls happens on AT&T. That being said, the Focus is your best bet for call quality. I only hear good things about it.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Didn't the Atrix got a 9/10 on Engadget? It's the first Dual Core phone and it was the best android of it's time.

The drop calls happens on AT&T. That being said, the Focus is your best bet for call quality. I only hear good things about it.

the best of its time? LMAO , came out 2 months ago. haha

it might of gotten good review but its NOT GOOD ... we where the firts ones to get it , and i think 70% of them where DOA or returned. lol

and the other 30% peopel got stuck with them , HAHA

Nettwerk

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I switch as well from iPhone to WP7. Well I like Samsung Omnia design but smaller screen than HTC HD7. Sure better displey comes with Samsung - Super Amoled. And I'll not going back to iPhone.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
yeah my friend dumbly picked a atrix wont even play a song for 2 mins without the lockscreen stopping it, the software {moto blur} is laggy as **** an hes constantly using new lauchers becuz the one it comes with blows lol pretty pathetic and all he really cares about is how you can "customize it" more... but the phone is fast and since it dual core its even faster it kind of hides the lag but not to much...

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
ok, well it looks like the focus, but i will go look at both. the atrix could have been a good phone, but motoblur is a just not good. i know the update came out today and i was in the soak trials. the update is great, but i am just sick of it. the iphone is a closed system for a reason and so is phone 7. there are no apps that dont work with certain phones but do with another. i respect android for what it is and more for what it could be, but i need reliability. i need a phone that wont drop calls constantly and has good voice quality and a good external speaker. so, im gonna go look at the hd7s and the focus, but im pretty sure its gonna be the focus.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i would go with an htc hd7, you will see why when updates are released. i gave up on samsung awhile ago. although they do have the best screens on the market, htc has better hardware, plus it just feels better. samsungs are all plastic and super lightweight, they just feel cheaper to me.

HTC > samsung :)

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the Atrix btw, and while it's a beast in terms of hardware, she is disappointed in the performance. I play with it once in a while and I just can't believe how much it lags. It's hard to describe to Android fanboys that their stuff is lagging, I think becuase they have never used anything else. That is what is funny to me - how people will fight to the death to support their choice, having never used the competition at all.

Anyway, just last night she was doing something and it must have pissed her off, because she out of the blue looked at me and said "You know, I am thinking about taking you up on your offer, since I updated to Gingerbread".

I was like "What?"

Turns out, there was an OTA update to Gingerbread for her phone, and she pulled it down hoping it would address the performance issues. She's pretty close to letting me root her phone and see if we can put CyanogenMod on it. Motorola's peculiar flavor of Android is super laggy garbage.

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
yea i got the update. i was in the beta program for a week before the official release. the update is nice. i really like the new look and it feels snappier. it should get me till the new phones come out. thanks for the quick replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa