Search and add functionality?

techprincesse

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
When I had Google maps on my last Palm and Windows mobile phones, Google maps allowed me to search a company name and then I could add it to my contacts. I have no problems with the Bing search but it doesnt let you add them to your contacts at all. Since google maps is not available for WP7 at this time is there some other software that adds this functionality to the phone?

I tried searching and couldnt find anything mentioned on this type of feature. Thanks for any responses.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
unfortunately you cant. you can long press the number and save it to favorites on map, or copy it and add contact, then paste number. just an extra step or two, not a big deal unless you save 10 numbers a day.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Or you could just call the number, hang up rightaway if you want. And then you can go to your call history and quickly add it from there.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
You could also pin it to your homescreen, and delete it when done. Assuming that it's a temporary contact, like Pizza Hut or something.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I can only guess it's because apps don't have access to the address book in the current version of Windows Phone. This will change with Mango.

Edit: Just realized you were talking about Bing search. That's probably because they prioritize which features to add and decided it wasn't high enough priority to add to the current version of the OS.

techprincesse

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. Well I want it because I am used to it. When I have a new company/business I deal with I like to save it in my address book for easy reference.

Like right now I m going through a kitchen renovation. The contractor has an outside plumber and an electrician they work with. I wanted to search these 2 companies and add them in my contacts, but I cant. Its not only about just saving the phone number, I want to save the address as well. With google maps I would be able to do so and then get directions all in one fell swoop. I just dont know why google didnt want to make a maps version for WP7.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss