windows 7 a tortoise? i dont think so, read this...

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
There's a chance of that but not yet, not by a long shot. Some people are just getting tired of Android and wanting to jump to the next big thing.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I think that WP7 could easily overtake Android once Mango comes out, and some better hardware is released to back up the amazing software.

Like many people here, I do not like Android. I think the OS is boring and awkward. WP7 on the other hand is a visually appealing OS, and many people are drawn to the simplicity.

hardrock1a

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone needs a few things outside of the OS;
1. Need a flagship device with a killer ad campaign for that device. Stephen Elop said he wanted to make something that was "drool worthy", I am looking for something at that level or the higher level of "graft worthy" (where you are holding it so much, it grafts to your hand and you are happy!)

2. Need a killer ad campaign from Microsoft like the PC Store in your home campaign, but for the phone. Need to show the features and how easy it is to get what you want and move on. Target moms keeping track of a household, or the worker in all of us that commutes and becomes human on the way home(music/gaming/in touch with friends while on the train or bus). Then the twenty something that is doing the social and gaming thing. The grandparents that easily put their grandkids pics on the web and have them on their phone to show with friends on the phone. The family that stays in touch with Groups. TONS of ideas.

3. Apps are something that will come, more are being added daily. Not complaining about it, just stating a fact. Pssst.. Microsoft Research, if you're listening, I would REALLY like a Worldwide Telescope App with my Mango please? {grin} We need a couple of special high end apps, AR probably, like a Disney Parks AR app is one idea.

chaz_uk

Jul 16, 2011
gplus.to
The IDC revised their figures back in June:

IDC - Press Release - prUS22871611

Windows Phone 7/Windows Mobile will benefit from Nokia's support, scope, and breadth within markets where Nokia has historically had a strong presence. Until Nokia begins introducing Windows Phone-powered smartphones in large volumes in 2012, Windows Phone 7/Windows Mobile will only capture a small share of the market as the release of Mango-powered smartphones are not expected to reach the market until late 2011. Nevertheless, assuming that Nokia's transition to Windows Phone goes smoothly, the OS is expected to defend a number 2 rank and more than 20% share in 2015.

2015 Marketshare prediticions:
Android - 43.8%
Windows Phone 7/WinMo - 20.3%
iOS - 16.9%
BlackBerry OS - 13.4
Others - 4.3%
Symbian - 0.1%

I personally can't ever see this being accurate as we haven't seen what kind of future the smartphone arena has (Android patent issues/lawsuits? Competitively priced iPhones? Nokia's impact on WP7? HP licencing webOS to third parties?)

There is a lot that can happen between now and 2015. Going to be interesting to see what does in fact happen! :)

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone needs a few things outside of the OS;
1. Need a flagship device with a killer ad campaign for that device. Stephen Elop said he wanted to make something that was "drool worthy", I am looking for something at that level or the higher level of "graft worthy" (where you are holding it so much, it grafts to your hand and you are happy!)

2. Need a killer ad campaign from Microsoft like the PC Store in your home campaign, but for the phone. Need to show the features and how easy it is to get what you want and move on. Target moms keeping track of a household, or the worker in all of us that commutes and becomes human on the way home(music/gaming/in touch with friends while on the train or bus). Then the twenty something that is doing the social and gaming thing. The grandparents that easily put their grandkids pics on the web and have them on their phone to show with friends on the phone. The family that stays in touch with Groups. TONS of ideas.

3. Apps are something that will come, more are being added daily. Not complaining about it, just stating a fact. Pssst.. Microsoft Research, if you're listening, I would REALLY like a Worldwide Telescope App with my Mango please? {grin} We need a couple of special high end apps, AR probably, like a Disney Parks AR app is one idea.
Somebody needs to send an email to the WP7 team at Microsoft...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarianKlux