Facebook Push

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I just download the facebook app today and saw that it has a live tile and toast notifications but I have never got 1 notification and the tile is just a picture of the facebook icon. Is there something I have todo to fix it.

Also I have a HTC Arrive running 7.0.7392 and I have the 2.1 facebook

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes it takes awhile for certain live tiles to kick in. A few days even. Some kick in right away others take longer. Just wait for it.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Apparently, you will use up the 15 live tile limit even if you have uninstalled previous apps to free them up. The only solution I have found was to hard reset the phone to start from scratch. It sucks but it worked for me.

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
does the 15 limit count even if I never put the live tile on my home screen. Becuase I only used 12 or 13 I just counted. I only got this phone a couple weeks ago

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
does the 15 limit count even if I never put the live tile on my home screen. Becuase I only used 12 or 13 I just counted. I only got this phone a couple weeks ago

I suppose it wouldn't. Unless, you were getting toast (push) notifications without live tiles.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Apparently, you will use up the 15 live tile limit even if you have uninstalled previous apps to free them up. The only solution I have found was to hard reset the phone to start from scratch. It sucks but it worked for me.

This isn't entirely true, what is important is do the endpoints in the registry get deleted upon an uninstall. Unfortunately through both failures on the dev side and MS side some apps either don't clear or add multiple entries. Supposedly this is rectified in Mango but with no registry editors it is hard to see if the problem is truly fixed.

topleya

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to bring this topic back, but this endpoint issue is my biggest hate about WP7, actually its the only thing I hate about WP7, our only hope is that Mango fixes this issue and closes the channels properly when apps are uninstalled and the devs actually close the channels when you disable push within the app.

Reseting my phone every few months just to get a live tile working is driving me insane.

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea it does suck it would be a good feature to be able to see what the phone thinks you have as ur live tiles and then be able to report broken apps

Just read that this gets fixed in mango with 30 tile limit

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Some clarifications for the urban legends. A push tile app will register as soon as you open it the first time, even if you never add it to your start screen. EBay is a good example. While this in itself should not be an issue, because Endpoints don't delete themselves, it has caused problems with clogging up your registry.

The primary problem is that Microsoft's servers often disconnect push channels for no obvious reasons. When they do, Endpoints don't get deleted. So when a push app is reopened it create a new Endpoint. One dev told me Microsoft I instructed him to reload his push Chanel after each soft reset to ensure dependability. That just made things worse. He changed his app after I explained the issue. Microsoft claims to have fixed the issue with Mango but we will have to wait and see.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh, btw. Pre-Mango I had 16 push tile apps working for several hours one day, so 15 is just a number. Didn't bother trying for 17.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)