Facebook chat supports group conversations, don't appear on Mango as threads.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Facebook group chat's that are started on the site, don't show up in WLM with Facebook connected, or as a thread on Mango phones. Instead, you'll receive constant push notifications for the Facebook app to new messages arriving in your inbox.

This'll get annoying fast, especially as your contacts think you're receiving the messages directly on your phone or WLM as they see you online.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I had my cousin facebook chat me from her computer and it arrived in my messages hub. I'm logged into WLM & Facebook all the time and it seems to be working as you'd think.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I had my cousin facebook chat me from her computer and it arrived in my messages hub. I'm logged into WLM & Facebook all the time and it seems to be working as you'd think.

I've not had any problems either with the facebook chat in Mango, they appear in my messages hub in threads too, just like SMS messages.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm talking group chat, with more than two participants. If a group chat is started on the facebook site, and you're included because you're online via WLM or Mango, you won't receive any of the messages.

Instead, the messages will show up in your Facebook inbox, and if you've got the Facebook app setup for push notifications, you'll receive a notification for every new message from that app on your phone, instead of the messages appearing in your Messaging hub as a thread.

Group conversations are supported for communication with WLM users on Mango, but not with Facebook users. As such, while people in a Facebook Group conversation think you're receiving their messages, WLM nor Mango actually display them.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ah i see fc000, sorry that's a thing i'd never use, so apologies for grabbing the wrong end of the stick.

this lol.

I will try this out later as well. I wonder if they are aware of it. You should send a tweet to #winphonesupport and see what they say.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this once as well, except I had the battery saving mode on at the time (no notifications) so I wasn't even aware that the chat was taking place until one of the participants sent me a one-on-one chat letting me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05