Improvement suggestions

bhinesley

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Suggestion - A TIMER FOR THE CAMERA. How many times do you see people holding their phones at arm's length to take a photo of themselves & friends? A timer feature could be the killer feature!

jesdt

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I don't think a timer on a phone camera has so much use that it'd be worth to implement. I just don't see people trying to put their slim phones upright at some place, just to have them topple over. I can tell you, it's nearly impossible to get a proper angle, I tried.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Jesdt makes a great point, how would you go about positioning the camera in order to make use of the timer?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
How about a voice controlled ultralite and slim extendible tripod that is automatically extended from the phone battery compartment, just for those special moments?

Instructions...

1. Lay handset on ground after a long press of the home button.
2. Handset: 'Listening...'
3. Say 'TriPod'
4. Handset: 'Sorry didn't catch that'
5. Say 'TriPod' (Louder)
6. Handset: 'Sorry couldn't hear anything'
7. Say 'TriPod' (Even Louder)
8. Handset: 'Sorry couldn't find that contact'
9. Roar 'TriPod'
10. Handset: 'Starting Internet Explorer'
11. Look very disgruntled, walk over to phone, pick it up and take the picture yourself.

I think the extendible tripod is planned for the next release of WP7 (Tango) but so far
the testing doesn't seem to be going too well.

These things happen with Beta software though. I'm sure it will work fine when Tango RTM's

NB: TriPod (Apple Patent Pending) ;)

Seriously though the timer is only good if you know you could frame the subject OK and you have something to prop up the phone.

99% of the time where / what would you use to prop it up for your timed shot ?

Hmmmm how about a magnetic battery cover for nearby metal objects? It's a start. (Applying for patent as we speak)

I'll make my fortune yet :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
MS should make the Marketplace ask for a password after a certain amount of time. Just like on the iPhone. If someone had a family plan and wanted to keep tabs on how much their family downloaded, this would help. I think it's a must have.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
voice to text on the keyboard, which from what i hear is in mango... that is huge for me, i used all the time driving.

more importantly, how about deeper tile custimization. making them any color instead of the provided ones, being able to make them translucent. that way we can use backgrounds. and landscape mode from the home screen. theres an app in the marketplace that shows this idea, ( win 8 or something like that) i think its great!!!

lasly and the one thing i miss most, give me back my nes and snes emulators!!!

altoids2011

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
A Timer would be easy peasy to implement. I mean, why the **** not? I'm hearing about some ability to disable shutter sound? Is that even legal?

Please remove black bar on right and expand live tiles to full screen. 20% of screen is wasted right now. Either put the arrow somewhere else, overlapping a tile not a problem as long as its not too big. Or do a Meego and make it so swiping left will switch to the app list. I've never owned a WP7 device btw but would like for this to be implemented for the Sea Ray.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I thought they were going to all a small list of favorite apps icons below the arrow.
A Timer would be easy peasy to implement. I mean, why the **** not? I'm hearing about some ability to disable shutter sound? Is that even legal?

Please remove black bar on right and expand live tiles to full screen. 20% of screen is wasted right now. Either put the arrow somewhere else, overlapping a tile not a problem as long as its not too big. Or do a Meego and make it so swiping left will switch to the app list. I've never owned a WP7 device btw but would like for this to be implemented for the Sea Ray.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
the list of fav apps below the arrow would be great

I wouldn't mind this, but I'd rather see a list of recent notifications. Maybe the little icons that you see in the toasts along with a number. You could then tap on the icon to view the notifications. There needs to be some way to view toast notifications that you missed.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That would be cool too. The current notifications system is a complete mess.
I wouldn't mind this, but I'd rather see a list of recent notifications. Maybe the little icons that you see in the toasts along with a number. You could then tap on the icon to view the notifications. There needs to be some way to view toast notifications that you missed.

YIP YOO

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to see tap screen to take photo, I seam to get the focus on the camera just right then clicking on the side button moves the focus. Nightmare, maybe I just need more practice =D

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Delete all option for the email. I really want that.

What about an extra space on the left? with all the notifications, like that new meego thing.

Left noticifations-Middle Tiles- Right apps.

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i said once , i said it twice , i said it 3 times and im gona say it again

MS need to integrate Wp7 ALOT more liek 80% more with Xbox live ....... one of the top selling points and it sucks .. i guess will see at mango , but so far i think mango is still missing allot of feature regarding Xbox life.

but i cant complain to much ,. it is a phone after all. haha

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Actually you should complain, is a smartphone. There's no reason it shouldn't handle all that.

Also everyone asked me if I can play Xbox games on, since most people don't know that Xbox Live is a service. I wish we got more XLA Games on it, so I can reply with a yes instead of saying. Nah is just a fancy name for game center.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Not being able to play ilomilo on my phone, and pick up on the 360 is such a let down. That's the only reason I bought the console version. I swear I saw this being touted as a feature of some XBL games, which included ilomilo.
i said once , i said it twice , i said it 3 times and im gona say it again

MS need to integrate Wp7 ALOT more liek 80% more with Xbox live ....... one of the top selling points and it sucks .. i guess will see at mango , but so far i think mango is still missing allot of feature regarding Xbox life.

but i cant complain to much ,. it is a phone after all. haha

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Some tiles, "Me tile, people tile, pinned FB contact" stop updating after about one minute. First they are there, flipping through the information, then bam, it stops, until you touch the phone's screen. Strange. I wish it would constantly flip, without having to touch the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99