I need Skydrive help. *Very important*

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem, one of my clients has an LG Optimus 7 and she is currently having her pictures sent automatic to Skydrive because I suggest her that as an option and told her that if she needs any help with her Phone I could help her. ( She doesn't like it, because it broke on the first day and find it hard to use ).

Now here is the problem, she like most young ladies like to takes pictures private pictures of herself and she likes to have them the cloud for the viewing BUT there's a little album called Skydrive camera roll that streams her pictures on her phone. She doesn't want her pictures on her phone so everyone can see them ( Her Skydrive is private also ) and this is really pissing her phone. She says she may take the phone back.

Tl;Dr : Is there a way to upload pictures on skydrive without having them display on the phone?

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
If you're referring to the picture on the live tile, you can permanently select a picture to be on the live tile. If it's just the fact that they are still on the phone after being uploaded I don't know of a way to automatically delete them after uploading.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
She really feels comfortable uploading those type of pictures to a cloud service, but doesn't like them on her personal phone?

If so she may want to upload to something besides her skydrive because it will automatically sync with the phone. Although I'm not sure why its an issue if its her own private phone. The "auto upload" folder in skydrive will automatically sync the thumbnails to your phone. Thats what its for. You can delete that folder and just choose to upload after the fact (ie: not with the auto upload).

There is at least one app in the market that will make that folder private / password protected on her phone if she wants to do that. Not sure why she'd want to return a phone just for that reason though. The point of skydrive is to have your stuff wherever you are, so unless shes giving her phone to people to browse through...

I'd check out the photo folder password app. Its called Photosafe, and one called photo vault. Never used them so check them out.

She finds Windows Phone hard to use? o_O

Last edited:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Great answers.

Gerrymad I would love to know how to change picture on the album title, she did show me the picture because I wanted to help but obviously she doesn't want the live tile showing her *** everytime she wants to show friends other pictures.

The Password app will be perfect and I would like it for me as well.

I'm also use my Skydrive as a personal picture place so I can the pictures I don't want on my computer in case anyone steal it.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Open the Picture hub and tap and hold on an empty space and you'll get the option to select the picture you want. Odd thing, just now I was trying on my mangoized phone and this does not work. I verified on my wife's non-mango phone and it works exactly as expected.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh no Gerry, I though you mean the skydrive album. That's the picture hub. When you go to all pictures if you have skydrive and facebook sync you can stream the pictures and they will have a background. That's the background I wish to change.

Edit: I just noticed that if you move the pictures from skydrive album to Mobile uploads you can't see them on your phone but still have them on skydrive =D

Last edited:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
She text me back today, The method worked. She seems really happy now. Thanks everyone, specially me for saving the day. =D

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, your friend sounds stupid. No offense.

If you put things in mobile uploads, or any folder in your skydrive, yes you can still see them on your phone. Maybe it will take a while to sync, but they are still accessible on the phone.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, your friend sounds stupid. No offense.

If you put things in mobile uploads, or any folder in your skydrive, yes you can still see them on your phone. Maybe it will take a while to sync, but they are still accessible on the phone.
shes nto stupid some people need this fonction i for one wish i could have a sectiong where i could put my PRIVATE pics. and ill tell you why.

Im dating my manager at work , and for obvious reasons im not suppose to . the problem is i work in cell phones and i ALWAYS have to DEMO my phone to clients. some times my coworkers take my phone to DEMO it to clients .. **** i dont want them to see the pics of me and our manager getting a little close... you know what i mean ;) lol

this girls situation is diffrent but witht he asme end resault ,this would be a nice fonction to be able to creat private Sections on your phone.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
She is not my friend, she is a client. And not only if this her first smartphone but she didn't even had hotmail nor does she has facebook. Not everyone comes from the same background and her problem was a legitimate one.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
If you do not want people to see pictures that are on your phone, either do not have them on your phone or do not give them your phone.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
If you do not want people to see pictures that are on your phone, either do not have them on your phone or do not give them your phone.

I would have to agree...if you don't want people seeing you do something...1) Don't do it!...BUT if you must...2) DON'T WILLINGLY TAKE PICTURES!!!!

I am sure most of you don't follow NASCAR, but that is the most recent story of a good looking young lady taking snap shots of herself privately and paying the price when her Boyfriend got pissed and put them on the net. She lost out on hundreds of thousands of $$$ by doing it.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well that's why she wanted to have the pictures privatly on skydrive.

She takes the pictures and they upload automatically.
She deletes the pictures from her phone.

When she wants to see the pictures or share it with her husband or something she can go to skydrive. She doesn't have them on her laptop either.

That's actually pretty cool and helpful, except for the part when the album is streaming in a folder that everyone has access though and are on display when you can to show another picture.

Just the fact that I can upload my pictures to skydrive and not have them on my phone, has made me happier to own a Windows Phone. It's not a matter of idiocity.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So wait. You say you can upload your pictures to skydrive and not have them on your phone, but this whole thread was how if you do that it still shows on the phone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss