Going back in the browser

rick9814911#WP

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The browser is my most used application on any phone I use. I'm constantly switching between the browser and other apps. The one thing that I've noticed is not being able to go to the last page I was on once I leave the browser. For example, if I'm on yahoo and load wpcentral, if I go to my home screen and open the messaging hub. When I go back to the browser, if I hit the back button it will take me to the home screen. now that's technically the place I was. But what if I want to go back to yahoo? As far as I can tell there's no way to go back in the browser without having to either retype yahoo or select it from my bookmarks. May not seem like a huge deal but if I've already clicked numerous links I might not know how to get back to my previous page. It's quite annoying and I don't think it's being changed in mango. Anybody else notice this? It's the only big complaint I have with the browser.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me a LOT too, but no where near every time. It's super annoying. But, you can also click on the star, then swipe over to history, and back up that way.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, you'll be happy to hear that this is fixed in Mango. I haven't noticed it at all since I updated to the Mango beta.

rick9814911#WP

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, you'll be happy to hear that this is fixed in Mango. I haven't noticed it at all since I updated to the Mango beta.

That's awesome news!!! I'm really glad to hear that. That was one of my biggest issues with windows phone. I'm starting to gain more and more respect for Microsoft :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers