Interesting side effect of factory resetting my focus

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I was having weird issues with my focus, namely live tiles not updating, ie freezing, and a few other things. So I decided to factory reset the device and see if that would fix anything. Yup, live tiles work, ie hasn't frozen yet, but the most interesting thing is that my battery life has nearly doubled even though I am syncing more services in the background.

Do you think that wp7 has a bug where it thinks you have more live tiles than permitted and keeps trying to sync them or something?

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, do you know if it is a recurring problem? Will i have to keep resetting my phone just to keep it working correctly?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately yes. The Mango update has hopefully solved the problem with Endpoints clogging up the registry, but as Mango blocks registry access, not way to be 100% certain. So yo may need to do another reset before Mango rolls out, unless you can get your hands on the beta build.

Regarding battery, don't think live tiles would have have had anything to do with it. The extra Endpoints were like dead leaves. Just hanging around. I have read about some apps doing thing like keeping your GPS running constantly, so so maybe it was one or two bad installs.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the helpful tips!

I will do a reset before i update, i don't want any problems. Man this phone is soooo smooth now =D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss