Windows Live ID service not available right now

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
Whenver I try to update apps or use maps, I get an error that says "The Windows Live ID service is unavailable right now. Try again later."

How do I fix this?

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
That video is funny, but doesn't solve the problem..

I have the same phone as you.. I have pulled the battery and did a full fresh reboot..

Still the same problem.. This keeps me from installing new apps or updating existing apps..

What is the problem?

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
Fixed!

All I had to do was re-type my password in the Windows Live account..

Now everything works!

I didn't even have to re-start the phone..

:)

barnettb99

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a Focus that is updated to Mango and it kept telling me I had apps to be updated but it would give me the same annoying "The Windows Live ID service is unavailable right now. Try again later." message. I logged into my Live account on my PC and drum roll .. my account had been blocked for some unknown reason. Anyways I had to change my password and my account was unlocked and then changed the password on my phone and bam ... apps updated is seconds .. thought I'd share that with all you guys out there ..

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a Focus that is updated to Mango and it kept telling me I had apps to be updated but it would give me the same annoying "The Windows Live ID service is unavailable right now. Try again later." message. I logged into my Live account on my PC and drum roll .. my account had been blocked for some unknown reason. Anyways I had to change my password and my account was unlocked and then changed the password on my phone and bam ... apps updated is seconds .. thought I'd share that with all you guys out there ..
waving.gif

welcome.gif

It's good to share barnettb99, and welcome along. :)

Biggoron_B

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I am using a Samsung Focus S, which is an AT&T phone but I bought it unlocked on eBay, (from a highly rated seller of course). I am attempting to use it on an AT&T mvno, NET10 (the same company provides Tracfone/Straight Talk). I have a new NET10 sim card as instructed by NET10 and activated it approx. 4 hrs ago, and have inserted it. It makes and receives calls, txts, and can browse the internet and get my email. But It cannot download apps from the marketplace (including the Samsung Zone app "Wireless Manager") nor can I sign into XBOX live or send/receive picture messages. Oddly enough I also cannot use the Bing Search function from pressing the search button, but I can use the Bing website through Internet Explorer on the phone.

Model SAMSUNG SGH-i937
Windows Phone 7.5
Wifi off
Data connection On
APN att.mvno
User Name (left blank)
Password (left blank)
Proxy Server/URL proxy.mvno.tracfone.com (as indicated in the NET10 activation instructions)
Proxy Port 80
The APN settings screen doesnt have spaces for Name, MMSC, MMS Proxy, or MMS Port settings

I have tried changing my Windows Live password, but when I sync it doesnt even ask for the new password, but still works. I put the new password into the email settings just to be sure. I have power cycled my phone mutliple times , and have done a factory reset and put everything in again with no change. I even tried putting "NET10" into the user name field (since there is no "name" field). I don't have WiFi available in my home, but I am in an urban area and can go to a Starbucks or something if necessary. I am in the NET10/AT&T service area, as my family in my area have AT&T and I had a NET10 phone prior to the Samsung Focus S which worked fine. I am able to log into XBOX live on my XBOX 360, and Windows Live/Zune on my PC without issue. I am in the US.

I bought this phone specifically to play XBOX live and I don't understand how that's different from the other data (web access) which is going to the phone. Please help.

bloo0153

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I am using a Samsung Focus S, which is an AT&T phone but I bought it unlocked on eBay, (from a highly rated seller of course). I am attempting to use it on an AT&T mvno, NET10 (the same company provides Tracfone/Straight Talk). I have a new NET10 sim card as instructed by NET10 and activated it approx. 4 hrs ago, and have inserted it. It makes and receives calls, txts, and can browse the internet and get my email. But It cannot download apps from the marketplace (including the Samsung Zone app "Wireless Manager") nor can I sign into XBOX live or send/receive picture messages. Oddly enough I also cannot use the Bing Search function from pressing the search button, but I can use the Bing website through Internet Explorer on the phone.

Model SAMSUNG SGH-i937
Windows Phone 7.5
Wifi off
Data connection On
APN att.mvno
User Name (left blank)
Password (left blank)
Proxy Server/URL proxy.mvno.tracfone.com (as indicated in the NET10 activation instructions)
Proxy Port 80
The APN settings screen doesnt have spaces for Name, MMSC, MMS Proxy, or MMS Port settings

I have tried changing my Windows Live password, but when I sync it doesnt even ask for the new password, but still works. I put the new password into the email settings just to be sure. I have power cycled my phone mutliple times , and have done a factory reset and put everything in again with no change. I even tried putting "NET10" into the user name field (since there is no "name" field). I don't have WiFi available in my home, but I am in an urban area and can go to a Starbucks or something if necessary. I am in the NET10/AT&T service area, as my family in my area have AT&T and I had a NET10 phone prior to the Samsung Focus S which worked fine. I am able to log into XBOX live on my XBOX 360, and Windows Live/Zune on my PC without issue. I am in the US.

I bought this phone specifically to play XBOX live and I don't understand how that's different from the other data (web access) which is going to the phone. Please help.
Biggoron_B, I was having the exact same problem with my Focus S on Straight Talk until I found this post on Howard Forums.
Samsung Focus Flash(Windows7) on Straight Talk
Works like a charm now:D

luckyscmuk

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Att HTC Titan II on Straight Talk marketplace login

I just got an htc titan II made for att but i am using the sim card and serrvice from straight talk. Only problem i had was i cannot log into the marketplace or use search on bing ... the internet did work for browsing and sms also worked as did the email.
I tried and tried to login to marketplace and do bing searches to no avail until i used wifi and then i was able to finish the setup and login to the marketplace and then was able to download apps and do everything else. After i got it all working and logged on i turned off the wifi and was not able to connect as i did with the wifi on so i still dont know what the problem is.
I had earlier set up the Apn with
APN
Straight Talk

User Name
Blank

Password
Blank

Proxyserver/url
proxy.mvno.tracfone.com

Proxy port

As you see there are a lot less to fill in with windows phone apn settings than a android phone apn

Last edited:

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I just got an htc titan II made for att but i am using the sim card and serrvice from straight talk. Only problem i had was i cannot log into the marketplace or use search on bing ... the internet did work for browsing and sms also worked as did the email.
I tried and tried to login to marketplace and do bing searches to no avail until i used wifi and then i was able to finish the setup and login to the marketplace and then was able to download apps and do everything else. After i got it all working and logged on i turned off the wifi and was not able to connect as i did with the wifi on so i still dont know what the problem is.
I had earlier set up the Apn with
APN
Straight Talk

User Name
Blank

Password
Blank

Proxyserver/url
proxy.mvno.tracfone.com

Proxy port

As you see there are a lot less to fill in with windows phone apn settings than a android phone apn

Try these settings:
WPSMOBI_APN
Profile: others
APN: wap.cingular.
Auth Type: none
Proxy Address: wireless.cingular.com
Proxy domain: moservices.microsoft.com
proxy port: 80

Internet_line
Profile Category: internet (always on)
APN: att.mvno
EVERYTHING ELSE IS BLANK.

MMS:
Profile Category: mms
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
Proxy Address: 66.209.11.33
Proxy Port: 80

Under Settings go to Cellular:
Edit APN

Everything else blank.

Avi Anish

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Live ID service not available, when trying to access marketplace in samsung omnia w

whenever m trying to download app from marketplace, its showing windows id not available plz try again later..................
but its working fine with wifi n/w but not with my vodafone data connection...
plz help :unhappysweat:

nagittas3

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
My phone is a Nokia lumia 800, but it is giving me much headache because whenever there's something I want to download, it shows me a message saying that windows live ID is not available at the moment, please try again later. How can I avail the windows live ID? Am just getting fed up of the phone, and feel like throwing it away! Can there be a solution for me? I need help, please.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster