Windows phone spotlight in Hawaii Five-O

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I was watching some of the new Hawaii Five-O last night, when Scott Caan's character pulls out his Optimus 7 and gives a little WP7 show! He pulls the phone out, selects the camera, takes pictures of some evidence, then swipes left and shares all of the pictures with his partner. And during all of this, the camera was zoomed right in on his phone, really showing off the OS and the smooth transitions.

I wish I knew what the episode was called, but it was all about a jewelry store heist that was being pulled during a triathlon if you care to look it up.

Last edited:

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I read an article a while ago about how Obama was bored with his Blackberry, and wanted an iPhone. Although he'll never have an iPhone as long as he's in the white house, it isn't secure enough.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
That's the first time I've watched the show... The product placement is pretty obvious, but I did get pretty excited when I saw the OS featured like that.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
We had a good ad in the UK many years ago, but it seems very appropriate again for the next WP7 update. ;)

'You know, when you've been Tango'd'

‪TANGO SLAP.mpg‬‏ - YouTube

Believe it or not the ad was eventually banned, as kids all over the UK were copying it and damaging peoples ears. (It was eventually changed to feature a big wet kiss instead of the slap) :)

Now don't say you don't learn something new everyday in here LOL

Last edited:

Sogeman

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I read an article a while ago about how Obama was bored with his Blackberry, and wanted an iPhone. Although he'll never have an iPhone as long as he's in the white house, it isn't secure enough.

Well, then he'll never get a WP because that's even less secure. There's a reason it's not getting adopted in the Business sector... :/

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how much a product placement like that costs Microsoft? Just curious. I've always wondered about that since the first Matrix and all the Nokia placements.

RocknRedneck19

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Here's Danno using his Windows Phone in last nights episode too.

I really thought I'd be the 1st to notice and post about the WP popping up in H50! I didn't catch it in the earlier episodes.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, then he'll never get a WP because that's even less secure. There's a reason it's not getting adopted in the Business sector... :/

LOL! The majority of the business sector has no security clearances issues like POTUS. To say the business sector is not going with WP7 because WP7 isn't secure enough is laughable at the least. More likely is the fact that WP7 is too new to have taken hold yet. With the outages like the one last week that RIM had, you see more businesses moving away from BB.

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
They've been a lot of camera holds on WP7 devices through the series. they did another one when Baldwin called Kono towards the end. Unfortunately she hadn't linked his FB account so no photo :D

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I remember engadget or crackberry had an article about how forced it sounded for them to say Bing It...

you see a lot of Windows products in shows, not WP7 necessarily, but I certainly see the Windows logo on laptops and monitors

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I remember engadget or crackberry had an article about how forced it sounded for them to say Bing It...

you see a lot of Windows products in shows, not WP7 necessarily, but I certainly see the Windows logo on laptops and monitors

Oh it sounded terribly scripted. They should have just said "search it," then zoomed in on the Bing logo.

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My wife is stuck on this show called Vampire Diaries and while watching it with her I saw one of the character's brother use a WP7 while searching for something. I saw that and smiled really big for no reason lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel