The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-08-2011 11:04 AM
33 12
tools
    I'm waiting to know which phone is going to which carrier. I'm looking forward to that leak portrait Samsung phone. If it's the sequel to the Propel series, we may have something awesome to look forward.

Edit: I went to see some reviews of the Propel series and apparently they are terrible. Sad to know about this, though that was the old samsung and the old windows so who knows?.
    Last edited by Winterfang; 08-07-2011 at 09:51 AM.
    08-07-2011 09:40 AM
    Something tells me that Nokia will NOT be releasing a handset on VZW. What was the last Nokia smartphone to be on this network? I honestly can't think of any.

I just bought a Trophy on ebay so I would not have to burn my upgrade. Idk if I am waiting for a new wp7 phone. Or if I will hop on an ICS phone.
    08-07-2011 02:10 PM
    I got a Trophy off contract...so I wait, with a $100 credit towards a new phone but, they don't have a phone I want.

So, let's hope for a LTE WP7 device in fall, with a keyboard please
    08-07-2011 03:45 PM
    I'm effin glad I left Verizon.

They are the absolute worst carrier for getting anything in a timely matter. Updates, phones, anything, put your pajamas on and get comfortable.

The Trophy should never have been more than $99 when it came out. I knew they were gonna milk a few people for $199 and then drop the price. But it's been way cheaper on Microsoft and Amazon's sites for quite some time.
    xpxp2002 likes this.
    08-07-2011 04:56 PM
    Verizon has too much power over the mobile industry. There really is no true competition. AT&T competes on coverage, to a degree. I'm fortunate to live in a region where AT&T is stellar (better than Verizon, actually), but not everyone is in that situation. T-Mobile and Sprint compete on price, but T-Mobile is about to be absorbed into AT&T (pending regulatory approval) and let's face it, Sprint just might be bought out or bankrupt in a few more years too.

I guess what I'm getting at, is that most Americans are willing to pay whatever it costs over Sprint and T-Mobile's prices to get the coverage they need. And that often means they go to Verizon. Thus, if Verizon wants to push Android over iPhone and Windows Phone... guess what dominates more than 50% of US smartphone sales? If AT&T got its act together, which may potential happen if this T-Mobile deal goes though, then maybe people will begin to have a choice again.

I truly feel bad for people who have to deal with Verizon, and have been given a poor impression of Windows Phone, while Android handsets are dumped onto mainstream consumers who don't even know what to do with them. Consequently, because of Verizon's will, many Americans will never see the opportunity to try anything other than Android (and maybe iPhone, if they demand it) for the foreseeable future because Verizon controls the sales channel, and Verizon wants to only push Android.

Android is fine if your prerogative is to have a fully-customizable phone and you know what you're doing. But many Americans want something that "just works." And for many, there's a product that may serve them better than Android, and for some, better than the iPhone. But it's deliberately being hidden and downplayed during the short store visit that only occurs once every 2 years for the average cell phone customer, and that's the only time they may ever consider changing the device they're currently using. And once these OSes sell you apps in their proprietary app stores, who would drop their prior investments to convert to a new platform? Microsoft's strategy to acquire feature phone users is the best way to build market share, but that door is quickly closing as Android sweeps the floor with Microsoft and Apple, both. The time to act was at least a year ago, so in my opinion, they really need to find a way to overcome Verizon's complete influence over the sales channel. They need customers to demand Windows Phone in the same way they demanded the iPhone since 2007. That, and only that, will make Verizon begin offering more and better Windows Phone devices.
    Last edited by xpxp2002; 08-07-2011 at 09:59 PM.
    Averry, wolf1891 and theefman like this.
    08-07-2011 09:51 PM
    The funny thing is.......Verizon could keep the iPhone, dump all of it's Android phones.....and push Windows Phone...and probably not really loose any customers.

There's some sort of weird conception that people actually WANT Android...and truly, people are just begging what to be told what they want. That's straight from Don Draper and my friend Ben.
    xpxp2002 and EJNelly like this.
    08-07-2011 10:12 PM
    You must consider this too. Windows phone 7 is not android, it may not be hardware/software company like apple and hp, but it's model is similar. Notice only one of the 4 smartphone companies is listed? Pre 3 and iPhone 5 aren't listed either. Android devices are always coming out, it's no surprise there's new ones.. I so wish for an epic like windows phone. 4-4.3 inch screen front camera with the same keyboard on my arrive. Def want better camera too. But it's what sprint had and it's definitely a reliable sturdy phone and should outlast my pre.
    08-08-2011 12:40 AM
    i did exactly the same thing. in fact i spent almost $650 to cancel both mine, and my wifes lines. i also went with t-mobile, now i have a better selection of phones in general (imo) and i dont have "big red" controlling my updates and charging too much for a data plan...
    08-08-2011 11:04 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD