I can't find any info on it... Maybe someone can shed some light on my question.

Right now WP7 phones have a mobile version only of I.E. So basically you can't view all sites like the other competition can. This can make it difficult with some of your usual sites you frequent on. Does anyone know if the Mango update will enable us to see pages in their full view?

Thanks
    Mike
    08-04-2011 07:30 PM
    The reason I wish Opera would develop for more platforms is because for example, in Opera for Android tablets, you can change the User Agent from Opera from Phone or Tablet or whatever. It's very cool.
    08-04-2011 07:39 PM
    From what I've read about Mango, IE will now be a full version of IE9, that is simply ported over to WP7, instead of being a mobile version.
    08-04-2011 08:07 PM
    Mango uses the IE9 rendering engine. It does allow you to view a webpage as it ought to be viewed. That having been said, some sites will still detect that the browser is on a mobile device (this could likely be through one of many methods), and therefore serve up a mobile page. Most sites give me the full version, but some places, like google will give me a mobile version by default.
    08-04-2011 08:47 PM
    Right now you can set IE to show desktop versions of the sites. While on IE, tap the application bar, then settings and then you'll see that option
    jaded skies likes this.
    08-04-2011 09:42 PM
    Right now you can set IE to show desktop versions of the sites. While on IE, tap the application bar, then settings and then you'll see that option
    I have tried that, but it still doesn't work right.

Thanks for the info guys!!
    08-04-2011 11:41 PM
    I have tried that, but it still doesn't work right.

Thanks for the info guys!!
    You may have to clear your cookies to get it to work. Some sites may store your browser type in a cookie so they'll still give you the mobile version until you clear the cookie.
    jaded skies likes this.
    08-05-2011 01:11 AM
    You may have to clear your cookies to get it to work. Some sites may store your browser type in a cookie so they'll still give you the mobile version until you clear the cookie.
    I think I tried it already, but I'll give it another try..

Thanks
    08-05-2011 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD