09-21-2011 03:43 PM
82 1234
tools
    whats the difference between this and the rtm leak last month...?

also any updates on the official release? is it still sept 15th? there is a bulletin in tawain for a mango release on 9/9/11
    Probably nothing new on the Mango front DizzyMaker, but the leaked roms usually have newer firmware for handset improvements. :)
    09-08-2011 05:10 PM
    If you have an HTC device. I guess today is the release day for the brave at heart. The ROMS leaked.
    I see they are .exe files. I can just run them and not have a hiccup even though they are overseas?
    09-08-2011 05:26 PM
    If you have an HTC device. I guess today is the release day for the brave at heart. The ROMS leaked.
    I might give it a go tomorrow, but there's a couple of steps I'm not too sure about at the mo...
    09-08-2011 05:32 PM
    whats the difference between this and the rtm leak last month...?

also any updates on the official release? is it still sept 15th? there is a bulletin in tawain for a mango release on 9/9/11
    The differences may be small.

I think the tethering might be something that the carriers enable.
    09-08-2011 07:23 PM
    Idk. I have a Samsung phone. I don't know anyone who's tried the ROMS yet.
    I might give it a go tomorrow, but there's a couple of steps I'm not too sure about at the mo...

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    09-08-2011 08:23 PM
    This is so tempting LOL I think I'm waiting though. Just got my phone. Don't want to brick it
    09-09-2011 12:06 AM
    Looks like the final build of Mango is available to download and install for HTC phones.

HTC Shipped Mango ROMs - xda-developers

Sod it, I'm getting right on it.
    09-09-2011 05:37 AM
    Looks like the final build of Mango is available to download and install for HTC phones.

HTC Shipped Mango ROMs - xda-developers

Sod it, I'm getting right on it.
    Good Luck Big Supes, let us know how you got on. Fingers crossed for you LOL. (Not that you'll need that) ;)

I had no problems Romming my Omnia backwards and forwards, but still secretly terrified, if that's any consolation. :)
    09-09-2011 05:48 AM
    Ha! Thanks, buddy. Mango here I come! Or, at least... that's the plan! :D
    09-09-2011 05:52 AM
    Ha! Thanks, buddy. Mango here I come! Or, at least... that's the plan! :D
    Wooo exciting, well done, go for it!!! :)
    09-09-2011 05:53 AM
    After reading through the thread over at XDA, there doesn't appear to be anyway of backing-up your phone. As this ROM is a clean install, I'll loose everything... which is off-putting. :(
    09-09-2011 06:33 AM
    After reading through the thread over at XDA, there doesn't appear to be anyway of backing-up your phone. As this ROM is a clean install, I'll loose everything... which is off-putting. :(
    Yes well I have been through Angry Birds about 4 times from the start now. (Damn those tempting ROMS Grrrrr)

I agree, most annoying, that's why i'm staying on NoDo now as i refuse to wipe the phone yet again. :)

I am in deep depression regarding the loss of my Mango though, sigh. :(
    09-09-2011 06:37 AM
    That's what put me off. I've just reinstalled literally everything anyway after debranding my phone wiped it and it then refused to restore from backup, and I don't fancy doing that again anytime soon.

It should be a matter of days to release if all the unbranded ROMs are done, so I think I can hold out against the risk of proper bricking my phone.
    09-09-2011 06:40 AM
    Yes well I have been through Angry Birds about 4 times from the start now. (Damn those tempting ROMS Grrrrr)

I agree, most annoying, that's why i'm staying on NoDo now as i refuse to wipe the phone yet again. :)

I am in deep depression regarding the loss of my Mango though, sigh. :(
    You've tasted the fruit and now you're without it?! I feel your loss.

Those ROMS really are tempting. It's such a shame no one has managed to fool Zune into thinking it's an official update.

That's what put me off. I've just reinstalled literally everything anyway after debranding my phone wiped it and it then refused to restore from backup, and I don't fancy doing that again anytime soon.

It should be a matter of days to release if all the unbranded ROMs are done, so I think I can hold out against the risk of proper bricking my phone.
    This.

If the final ROMS are done, it can't be long before they start rolling out. September 15th could definitely come to light. :)
    09-09-2011 07:13 AM
    Well the 15th of September is less than a week away, we'll all be celebrating or in deep depression. Hopefully we'll all be happy bunnies by this time next week. (If the damned carriers don't spoil our party as usual) :)
    09-09-2011 07:30 AM
    Wasn't something supposed to be happening today (9th) as well in HK/Taiwan?
    09-09-2011 09:18 AM
    realse of the Taiwan Phones... or the taiwan Web site is active for wp7 . lol
    09-09-2011 09:23 AM
    09-09-2011 09:34 AM
    it was just a promotion contest
    09-09-2011 12:55 PM
    It seems that AT&T customers are more than likely going to have a long wait. I just talked to a Customer Service rep. who said that once Microsoft releases the update, HTC will get it, they'll have to test it and make sure they're ok with it, and then they'll pass it on to AT&T, who will have to test it and make sure that they also are ok with it. I'm already sad :(
    09-14-2011 09:08 AM
    It seems that AT&T customers are more than likely going to have a long wait. I just talked to a Customer Service rep. who said that once Microsoft releases the update, HTC will get it, they'll have to test it and make sure they're ok with it, and then they'll pass it on to AT&T, who will have to test it and make sure that they also are ok with it. I'm already sad :(
    Vastly different from Voodoofone Austrailia for sure. (If what you were told is true)

Vodafone Australia finishes Mango testing awaiting green light | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Hopefully that will just be a standard response you got from them TestOfOath. (Customer service script monkey)
    09-14-2011 09:12 AM
    I'm pretty sure you have you, and the CSSR, have the order of events correct. However, it seems to me that most of that has already happened. Microsoft has already stated that v7.5 RTM (7720) is complete, and we know that many people have been using it for some time. We know that there are many finished ROMs available (albeit leaked) for HTC devices. We know that Microsoft has stated weeks ago that the update was "in the hands of the carriers" waiting for release.
    I may have missed a step somewhere in there, but it really seems like Mango is poised to roll out many times better than NoDo did. It's just a waiting game now.

Oh, and I feel that in many cases, an informed member of this forum knows more about these things than a general queue CSSR.
    09-14-2011 09:27 AM
    I'm pretty sure you have you, and the CSSR, have the order of events correct. However, it seems to me that most of that has already happened. Microsoft has already stated that v7.5 RTM (7720) is complete, and we know that many people have been using it for some time. We know that there are many finished ROMs available (albeit leaked) for HTC devices. We know that Microsoft has stated weeks ago that the update was "in the hands of the carriers" waiting for release.
    I may have missed a step somewhere in there, but it really seems like Mango is poised to roll out many times better than NoDo did. It's just a waiting game now.

Oh, and I feel that in many cases, an informed member of this forum knows more about these things than a general queue CSSR.
    I wasn't sure what the ROM 'n all that was, but you pieced it together for me just now, so Microsoft has already finished Mango and released to to the device developers who are all testing it, who, if finished with their testing, have passed it on to their respective carriers? Meaning the process could very well be done and tomorrow could very well be the release of Mango for my HTC Surround on AT&T?
    09-14-2011 10:41 AM
    I wasn't sure what the ROM 'n all that was, but you pieced it together for me just now, so Microsoft has already finished Mango and released to to the device developers who are all testing it, who, if finished with their testing, have passed it on to their respective carriers? Meaning the process could very well be done and tomorrow could very well be the release of Mango for my HTC Surround on AT&T?
    Theoretically, Microsoft could announce tomorrow that Mango is available, and everyone with a Gen I device would receive the update the same day.
    I doubt that anyone on this forum feels that it will happen just like that, but we can hope, right?
    I am expecting that something updated-related will be announced tomorrow, and that within the next two weeks, 90% of Gen I devices (that includes your Surround) will have the Mango update available to them.
    I think the NoDo update was way too big of a fiasco for Microsoft to let the same thing happen again, plus, it seems that Mango has been ahead of schedule for months now, which is encouraging.

The other way of looking at it (that is not nearly as fun to consider) is that the carriers and Microsoft know that they could make more money if they released new Mango devices a few weeks/months before releasing the Gen I device updates. This would **** many people off, but to varying degrees depending on how long the wait was.

The main thing that Microsoft has to do tomorrow is announce something with a relatively hard timeline, and then stick to it. The thing that turned people off about the NoDo update was that there was very little information from Microsoft.

Anyways, I may be horribly proven wrong within 24 hours, so, I guess we'll see!
    09-14-2011 11:12 AM
    Coming soon?... http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_p...-at-build.aspx

Well, I guess they are acepting mango apps at least.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    09-14-2011 03:27 PM
82 1234