Mango Release Date

TestOfOath

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
It seems that AT&T customers are more than likely going to have a long wait. I just talked to a Customer Service rep. who said that once Microsoft releases the update, HTC will get it, they'll have to test it and make sure they're ok with it, and then they'll pass it on to AT&T, who will have to test it and make sure that they also are ok with it. I'm already sad :(

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It seems that AT&T customers are more than likely going to have a long wait. I just talked to a Customer Service rep. who said that once Microsoft releases the update, HTC will get it, they'll have to test it and make sure they're ok with it, and then they'll pass it on to AT&T, who will have to test it and make sure that they also are ok with it. I'm already sad :(
Vastly different from Voodoofone Austrailia for sure. (If what you were told is true)

Vodafone Australia finishes Mango testing awaiting green light | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Hopefully that will just be a standard response you got from them TestOfOath. (Customer service script monkey)

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Closer Than We Might Think

I'm pretty sure you have you, and the CSSR, have the order of events correct. However, it seems to me that most of that has already happened. Microsoft has already stated that v7.5 RTM (7720) is complete, and we know that many people have been using it for some time. We know that there are many finished ROMs available (albeit leaked) for HTC devices. We know that Microsoft has stated weeks ago that the update was "in the hands of the carriers" waiting for release.
I may have missed a step somewhere in there, but it really seems like Mango is poised to roll out many times better than NoDo did. It's just a waiting game now.

Oh, and I feel that in many cases, an informed member of this forum knows more about these things than a general queue CSSR.

TestOfOath

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you have you, and the CSSR, have the order of events correct. However, it seems to me that most of that has already happened. Microsoft has already stated that v7.5 RTM (7720) is complete, and we know that many people have been using it for some time. We know that there are many finished ROMs available (albeit leaked) for HTC devices. We know that Microsoft has stated weeks ago that the update was "in the hands of the carriers" waiting for release.
I may have missed a step somewhere in there, but it really seems like Mango is poised to roll out many times better than NoDo did. It's just a waiting game now.

Oh, and I feel that in many cases, an informed member of this forum knows more about these things than a general queue CSSR.

I wasn't sure what the ROM 'n all that was, but you pieced it together for me just now, so Microsoft has already finished Mango and released to to the device developers who are all testing it, who, if finished with their testing, have passed it on to their respective carriers? Meaning the process could very well be done and tomorrow could very well be the release of Mango for my HTC Surround on AT&T?

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Here's To Optimism...

I wasn't sure what the ROM 'n all that was, but you pieced it together for me just now, so Microsoft has already finished Mango and released to to the device developers who are all testing it, who, if finished with their testing, have passed it on to their respective carriers? Meaning the process could very well be done and tomorrow could very well be the release of Mango for my HTC Surround on AT&T?

Theoretically, Microsoft could announce tomorrow that Mango is available, and everyone with a Gen I device would receive the update the same day.
I doubt that anyone on this forum feels that it will happen just like that, but we can hope, right?
I am expecting that something updated-related will be announced tomorrow, and that within the next two weeks, 90% of Gen I devices (that includes your Surround) will have the Mango update available to them.
I think the NoDo update was way too big of a fiasco for Microsoft to let the same thing happen again, plus, it seems that Mango has been ahead of schedule for months now, which is encouraging.

The other way of looking at it (that is not nearly as fun to consider) is that the carriers and Microsoft know that they could make more money if they released new Mango devices a few weeks/months before releasing the Gen I device updates. This would piss many people off, but to varying degrees depending on how long the wait was.

The main thing that Microsoft has to do tomorrow is announce something with a relatively hard timeline, and then stick to it. The thing that turned people off about the NoDo update was that there was very little information from Microsoft.

Anyways, I may be horribly proven wrong within 24 hours, so, I guess we'll see!

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm very pleased with my phone, but all these rumors are starting to make me a bit antsy. Hopefully tomorrow is the day.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

AT&T rep doesn't know jack when come to WP.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I doubt tomorrow is the day. It's not even fall yet. It'd be nice to see Microsoft copy the Apple model and release an update a month before the new phones hit, but I'm not sure how they're going to do it.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I think they are going to release mango to all models of windows phone tomorrow. They will be available for download by noon... or maybe not?!

DarkSynopsis

Sep 13, 2011
I really hope Mango is hitting on the 15th! I've had my HTC Trophy for all of 4 days now and I already thought Mango was out since had read about it in passing before I got a WP7 and now I know it could be coming so soon I WANT IT!

At least if its just a date on the 15th I can stop expecting it on the 15th...

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
that would be great if it happens. I dont believe that ATT will be the last to roll it out They may not be THE first but they could be very close to that. I hope so but I'm not holding my breath!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I think they are going to release mango to all models of windows phone tomorrow. They will be available for download by noon... or maybe not?!

That would be nice it would also be nice if was an OTA update! But thats probably too much to ask!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

That would be really nice It was also be nice if it was an OTA update That would b really sweet and be a warning acros the bow of the SS Apple!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3