Mango Release Date

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
When do you guys think we're going to see Mango? Phones are coming to the carriers at the end of August so you'd think we'd get Mango around the same time. I know carriers have to do their quality and standards testing, but you figure if it's the same OS for every phone they could breeze through it for existing phones.

I really wasn't excited for Mango until I started seeing the walkthroughs. Now I can't wait.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
My money says that they will release Mango updates like you said around the same time the new devices come out. Sprint usually pushes updates that way take a look at the EVO just before the EVO 3D came out the OG got the 2.3 Gingerbread update. I think Sprint does this to help detour those who complain that there device is defective thinking that they can negotiate a free upgrade.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
October.

Maybe even late September.

This is in line with what my source told me.

Source said Mango would be finished in the summer - which has happened.

And then said that carriers should be getting it out to handsets in October, perhaps September.

So, unless something has changed since I last checked my source, then I would say this is the most accurate date you're going to get.

justinsims241

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
i would like to think that it would come out on september 1st, but we all know thats not gonna happen! All through the fall untill mango is released, its gonna feel like Christmas EVE! The wait cant end fast enough!

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, for someone currently running mango, I am most exciting for all the updated apps to be released so I can do some "true" multi-tasking. I am also excited to see new hardware coming out running mango.

hardrock1a

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft is opening the App Hub on Aug. 22nd for submission of Mango enabled apps.

When WP7 was first coming out, they opened for apps like a month before launch.

So, I would say that later Sept. early October should be when 7720 hits the streets for public consumption.

7712 is pretty sweet. Only complaint that I feel that needs to be corrected before the final version, is the turn by turn situation. The way that it is working in 7712 is dangerous and I would be very disappointed in MS if they let 7720 go out the door without having that working where you don't have to tap to get the next direction. Scary dangerous!!!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The way that it is working in 7712 is dangerous and I would be very disappointed in MS if they let 7720 go out the door without having that working where you don't have to tap to get the next direction. Scary dangerous!!!

Maybe there's an undiscovered voice command no one's found out about yet hardrock1a, have you tried saying 'Tap" ;)

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Capitalism?

When do you guys think we're going to see Mango? Phones are coming to the carriers at the end of August so you'd think we'd get Mango around the same time. I know carriers have to do their quality and standards testing, but you figure if it's the same OS for every phone they could breeze through it for existing phones.

I really wasn't excited for Mango until I started seeing the walkthroughs. Now I can't wait.

The American capitalist in me still thinks that there will be some new Mango devices on the market least just a little bit before the general Mango update for gen 1 devices. Remember that the Arrive and the Trophy were released with NoDo installed before any other devices got NoDo, although the circumstances were a little different than what we are seeing here.

My original guess of the middle of September has been modified to the beginning of October.

I guess we'll see pretty soon!!

TestOfOath

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I've seen on multiple websites, different sources, and "I'm a WP7" that the rumored release date, September 15th, is going to probably be the set date. Any other opinions on that?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've seen on multiple websites, different sources, and "I'm a WP7" that the rumored release date, September 15th, is going to probably be the set date. Any other opinions on that?
Most of the rumours i've seen all over the net indicate September the 15th too. I also think this is correct.

But until the big MS announce the date, that's all they are, rumours. :)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I believe that September 15th is for unbranded devices.

Otherwise, you have to wait until your carrier decides to okay the update.

With AT&T, that should be around October... 2014.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Verbage Details

Obviously we all know v7.5 is coming. Tons of devices already have the RTM version. Mango is currently on branded devices in the Japanese market. We are just waiting for the proper entity to say "Mango is here." Then it is up to the operators (carriers) to release the individual updates for each current Gen I devices. I'm under the impression (illusion?) that it will be announced the 15th. I think the majority of the device specific updates will roll out about two weeks later. I think there is way too much scrutiny and importance this time (as apposed to NoDo) for Microsoft and the carriers disappoint too badly. I would love to be right.
Next month it may be rather entertaining to come back and read this thread!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

I think all these rumours originated from a post here on wpcentral, and its just being repeated, is in now standard practise for internet blogs. However DR seemed pretty confident in his source, but ultimately its still a rumour. Have to wait and see, but I must say this wait is getting a bit tedious, especially with all the posts of Mango-enabled apps in all their Mango-ey goodness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3