Mango Release Date

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm just hoping HTC get the Mango update for the Mozart out asap - it's been leaked so we all know it's done, and I've debranded my phone now so I'm ready to roll!

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Obviously we all know v7.5 is coming. Tons of devices already have the RTM version. Mango is currently on branded devices in the Japanese market. We are just waiting for the proper entity to say "Mango is here." Then it is up to the operators (carriers) to release the individual updates for each current Gen I devices. I'm under the impression (illusion?) that it will be announced the 15th. I think the majority of the device specific updates will roll out about two weeks later. I think there is way too much scrutiny and importance this time (as apposed to NoDo) for Microsoft and the carriers disappoint too badly. I would love to be right.
Next month it may be rather entertaining to come back and read this thread!

Kind of my thinking too, I'm thinking for some planned rollout by the carriers that hopefully doesn't have large date gaps in it.

I just don't get the hush...we are so close and there still no official release date?

If a date is made then carrier(s) decides to hold it up for more testing or what not it will be NoDo all over again. I'm sure this is something that Microsoft would like to not repeat.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
whats the difference between this and the rtm leak last month...?

also any updates on the official release? is it still sept 15th? there is a bulletin in tawain for a mango release on 9/9/11

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

also any updates on the official release? is it still sept 15th? there is a bulletin in tawain for a mango release on 9/9/11
Probably nothing new on the Mango front DizzyMaker, but the leaked roms usually have newer firmware for handset improvements. :)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

The differences may be small.

I think the tethering might be something that the carriers enable.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
After reading through the thread over at XDA, there doesn't appear to be anyway of backing-up your phone. As this ROM is a clean install, I'll loose everything... which is off-putting. :(

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
After reading through the thread over at XDA, there doesn't appear to be anyway of backing-up your phone. As this ROM is a clean install, I'll loose everything... which is off-putting. :(
Yes well I have been through Angry Birds about 4 times from the start now. (Damn those tempting ROMS Grrrrr)

I agree, most annoying, that's why i'm staying on NoDo now as i refuse to wipe the phone yet again. :)

I am in deep depression regarding the loss of my Mango though, sigh. :(

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

That's what put me off. I've just reinstalled literally everything anyway after debranding my phone wiped it and it then refused to restore from backup, and I don't fancy doing that again anytime soon.

It should be a matter of days to release if all the unbranded ROMs are done, so I think I can hold out against the risk of proper bricking my phone.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes well I have been through Angry Birds about 4 times from the start now. (Damn those tempting ROMS Grrrrr)

I agree, most annoying, that's why i'm staying on NoDo now as i refuse to wipe the phone yet again. :)

I am in deep depression regarding the loss of my Mango though, sigh. :(

You've tasted the fruit and now you're without it?! I feel your loss.

Those ROMS really are tempting. It's such a shame no one has managed to fool Zune into thinking it's an official update.

That's what put me off. I've just reinstalled literally everything anyway after debranding my phone wiped it and it then refused to restore from backup, and I don't fancy doing that again anytime soon.

It should be a matter of days to release if all the unbranded ROMs are done, so I think I can hold out against the risk of proper bricking my phone.

This.

If the final ROMS are done, it can't be long before they start rolling out. September 15th could definitely come to light. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well the 15th of September is less than a week away, we'll all be celebrating or in deep depression. Hopefully we'll all be happy bunnies by this time next week. (If the damned carriers don't spoil our party as usual) :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3