Dialing Extensions ?

MODESTENEMY

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
when I call an number that requires an extension number and I go to enter the extension number the call ends and my phone calls my voicemail. Is anyone else having this problem? On one of my phones I can dial an extension with no problem but on my other phone I can't. Both are verizon Trophies. Any help solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

vzw_support

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Extension dialing

when I call an number that requires an extension number and I go to enter the extension number the call ends and my phone calls my voicemail. Is anyone else having this problem? On one of my phones I can dial an extension with no problem but on my other phone I can't. Both are verizon Trophies. Any help solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Hi modestenemy,

The first troubleshooting step and most likely to resolve your inability to dial an extension on your phone is to remove the battery and re-inserting it back after 20 seconds. This is what we call a soft reset and will correct most minor conflicts causing the issue. If you need further assistance please reach out to us on twitter @VZWSupport at your convenience. You can also call us from a different phone at 1-800-922-0204 for immediate assistance, please have your wireless phone fully charged and available for troubleshooting.

VZW_CS
Follow us on Twitter at VZW Support (@VZWSupport) on Twitter

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
there is a way to type in the phone number + extension using a series of # that will cause your dialer to pause for 5-10 sec then automatically dial the extension.

Example: 1-800-555-5555#1234 (1234 being the extension )

the # basically cause a PAUSE (about 5sec ) then dials the remaining Numbers, you have have to add more # to make the PAUSE longer deppending on how long you need it to go for.

I’m not sure if this works on ALL models and ALL carriers. but you can always try :)

dkflipse

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
there is a way to type in the phone number + extension using a series of # that will cause your dialer to pause for 5-10 sec then automatically dial the extension.

Example: 1-800-555-5555#1234 (1234 being the extension )

the # basically cause a PAUSE (about 5sec ) then dials the remaining Numbers, you have have to add more # to make the PAUSE longer deppending on how long you need it to go for.

I?m not sure if this works on ALL models and ALL carriers. but you can always try :)

Thanks but doesn't work on my phone (HTC Radar). I called my work as a test. I got a message "Sorry but this number cannot be completed as dialed". It didn't even take me to the main number?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Commas ,,, used to work in the old days Think each one equaled 1 to 3 seconds. Don't remember. Worked great on my old Razr. Worth a try.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

dkflipse

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Commas ,,, used to work in the old days Think each one equaled 1 to 3 seconds. Don't remember. Worked great on my old Razr. Worth a try.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Thanks but I doubt it. For one thing I don't even have a comma on the phone's dial pad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo