quick toggle concept

pikacz

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
you guys
you all know that if we press either volume rocker on our sweet wp7 devices, a bar slides down with volume level and ring/vibrate/silent icon
i think that there's a lot of wasted blank space between those. i know that if you listen to music/radio the play controls jump there, but if you don't, there's nothing much going on over there
do you like the idea to put the quick on/off toggles (wi-fi, cell data, location etc.) in that space? check out the attachment
the icons would of course have to have 2 looks to distinguish if a feature is on/off. furthermore, if you listen to music/radio, there would be a couple of icons in that space and they wouldn't fit in 1 view, so all of them would be scrollable (left/right), e.g. you pause the music, scroll right to toggle bluetooth, scroll left to unpause etc.
and lastly, the user should have the option to decide what toggles he/she would like to display there
p.s. i'm very sorry for crudely using paint but i wanted to share this with you asap, otherwise i'd forget :)

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Nice idea. Alternately, I'd just like to be able to tap on the icon when you temporarily pull them down on tapping on the battery, much like webOS or SBSettings on jailbroken iOS devices.

WP7 definitely needs some sort of shortcut though. I live in a bad signal area and have my phone on wifi at home, so I'm always having to flip 3G on/off, wifi on/off, data on/off, and it's a pain to have to go through settings every time.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
love it, i do miss the quick toggles from android, although only one i really used was wifi toggle... a great idea

pikacz

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
here's another concept, i modified a little nizzon's (from xda-dev forum) idea. the icons would slide into view after touching anywhere below the little right hand arrow, there's plenty of space there. after toggling sth they would hide themselves after 2 seconds

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon