Molly Wood has her Mango Phone

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Just a video, she spoke briefly on BoL yesterday morning, but she really didn't have a lot to say since she got it a few days back.

v3rn

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
That's what I said lol.

She said that not having "words with friends" was a big deal for her, "words bypost" is just as good.

Words By Post is nowhere near as good as Words With Friends. ****ty copies of apps aren't usually as good as the original. Words By Post doesn't look as nice and doesn't have the social features that Words With Friends has. Plus, WWF is much more popular, so there are far more users on it.

And apps will come, but it's disheartening to see that new apps coming out for Android and iPhone still aren't including a WP7 version of the app. And for someone looking for a phone, having the apps NOW is important. Making the decision between the iPhone/Android and WP7 is an easy choice for someone who uses lots of apps and relies on them. It's a catch 22 because developers won't make apps for it until there are more users, and users don't want to jump ship because it doesn't have apps.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
They gave her a Trophy with Mango....you guys didn't notice that?

Also, Spotify is incredibly pointless on Windows Phone because of Zune.

Straight up.

Basically, all of these other popular music apps on Android are just work arounds for Android's lack of a fully fleshed out ecosystem.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
This also brings up a huge point of contention for me and tech journalists.

If I could, I'd own a good Android phone, iPhone, and Windows Phone...and there'd be none of "phone challenge" shenanigans because I'd already be well versed in everything.

In fact, between iOS not changing very much in 2 years, and having an Incredible with Sense 2.2 and eventually stock Gingerbread.....and now owning a Windows Phone.....well, ya'll get the point.

As hobbyists, most of us seem more emphatic about trying different things than half of the popular journalists. It's upsetting, and leaves my head in flames.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little concerned about her saying that the nav feature was going to be important for her. It doesn't really matter why you have to touch the screen to get every direction update, the fact is you do have to, which makes it almost dangerous to use.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I've played Words with Friends and Words by Post looks just as nice, if not nicer. Alphajax looks better and plays better than both but isn't cross-platform.

And, the only benefit of Spotify over Zune Pass is its free variant.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little concerned about her saying that the nav feature was going to be important for her. It doesn't really matter why you have to touch the screen to get every direction update, the fact is you do have to, which makes it almost dangerous to use.

I think that turn by turn navigation on phones is dangerous in general... most people don't have a car mount for their phones, so they are holding it in their hands and constantly looking down to follow the directions. Plus they are practically useless on long trips, as you will lose reception if you get too far away from a urban area.

At any rate, I have a GPS system in my car anyways, so I don't use the maps feature unless I'm walking somewhere.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
Actually, I've played Words with Friends and Words by Post looks just as nice, if not nicer. Alphajax looks better and plays better than both but isn't cross-platform.
I'm going to have to disagree. WWF looks and plays much nicer than WBP. WBP seems off when I try to grab and place tiles, I hate the board set up (I hate the diagonal symmetry and that there seems to be too many multiplier spaces), and it looks flat compared to the others. Cross-platform play with WP, Android, and iOS is pretty much the only thing it has over the others. AJ looks and plays better than WBP (I'd say it's in a tie with WWF) and I really like that you can take a snapshot of the screen as well as other UI elements it has, but the board seems to have too few multiplier spaces.

Besides that, I'm kind of torn with the whole rating system. On the one hand, I like knowing that I'm pretty good at the game compared to other people in the world. On the other hand, the rating system makes me relentless and feel like an a-hole because I can't go easy on people or else my rating and stats go down, so I'm always murdering people if they let me. :ninja: With WWF, there's no visible rating system or statistics, so (beyond pride) I don't care about losing.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully these two apps aren't enough to turn her off from the OS. It seems like her first update is positive. I can't wait to see her future updates.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
Hopefully these two apps aren't enough to turn her off from the OS. It seems like her first update is positive. I can't wait to see her future updates.
It shouldn't; she seems smart enough to know that, if WP7 gets enough users, the apps will come. And I'm sure people are telling her of the alternatives to those apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077