Molly Wood has her Mango Phone

UpTownDC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
But where did she state it?
It was in the first paragraph of the Week 2 CNet article:
It's the end of my second week of life with Windows Phone 7 Mango, and it's time to render a verdict. I should say at the outset that two weeks doesn't sound like a lot of time to live with an entirely new platform, and I might have lasted longer but for serious problems with the HTC Trophy I've been using (one-day record for spontaneous reboots: 15, including 3 in 15 minutes). That said, since my smartphone is a device I'm using almost constantly, I feel like I got to know the thing pretty well.

Read more: Windows Phone 7 Challenge: Week 2, the verdict | Molly Rants - CNET News

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Who knows, maybe her phone was faulty. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, it's not like I love my phones any less because she didn't like it.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Wait 15 times in a day? Where did she said that? My phone haven't reboot even once.
Something must have seriously been wrong with her phone. Any sane person would have called up Brandon Watson and asked what was going on. Can't say I've had any reboots on NoDo.

UpTownDC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well to be fair, it was a beta build.
LOL!!! Most of us were running the beta build also....just to be fair I haven't heard of 15 reboots except from her. The bottom line is....she didn't do her job properly. I have one question for you...are you dating this chick? Because with all that has been pointed out about her "faulty" reporting....you have made it a point to of giving her the benefit of a doubt!!
Just joking with ya!!

Yakolev

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Nor have I ever had a reboot on my phone, actually none of my phones has ever rebooted unintentionally.

Some people just can't handle their phones.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I just had a thought... If she really used her WP7, she would have a little WP7 icon on at least one of her facebook posts... Nope.. None.
I see she posted a lot during that timeframe on Twitter, but I don't have any ideas on how to tell if she used her WP7 for that.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just had a thought... If she really used her WP7, she would have a little WP7 icon on at least one of her facebook posts... Nope.. None.

I see she posted a lot during that timeframe on Twitter, but I don't have any ideas on how to tell if she used her WP7 for that.
I know when someone @replies me it'll send me an email and it'll tell me what they posted from. So it's being stored somewhere. It'd be funny if there weren't any WP7 posts... Further proof she didn't use the phone.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
LOL!!! Most of us were running the beta build also....just to be fair I haven't heard of 15 reboots except from her. The bottom line is....she didn't do her job properly. I have one question for you...are you dating this chick? Because with all that has been pointed out about her "faulty" reporting....you have made it a point to of giving her the benefit of a doubt!!
Just joking with ya!!

Dating her? Not a chance, she looks geriatric. I just don't see the review being that bad, I though it was refreshing actually, so far all the others Mango previews where Di ck riding it hard and is nice to know it's not perfect and has room for improvement.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Dating her? Not a chance, she looks geriatric. I just don't see the review being that bad, I though it was refreshing actually, so far all the others Mango previews where Di ck riding it hard and is nice to know it's not perfect and has room for improvement.

I agree with her thoughts about Skydrive. Today MS showed their version of WP7 and Xbox games working together. It didn't even use the cloud. MS needs to Improve their cloud services. The Live website SUCKS! The ONLY good thing is that I can read all my email accounts in one inbox. I hope it's because they've been working behind the scenes on a metro version, but that's probably wishfull thinking.

UpTownDC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I was only joking about you dating her. But you are spot on. The OS could use some fixes. I'm sure that they or I hope that they are working on it.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Mango gives the devs enough power to make solutions to everything she's complaining about in terms of SkyDrive and nav right? Maybe even voice commands?

Last edited:

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
According to her second video, her two biggest needs were speech to text and navigation, so Mango had two marks against it starting out.

I'm really on the fence with her impressions. On one hand, she makes some valid complaints. Skydrive integration is lacking and the navigation is crippled. On the other, it feels like she didn't really use this as her main phone for two weeks. In two weeks, I'll know the vast majority of features of any OS, and advanced features/techniques for things which are really important to me. The comments she made in her "fit and finish" section of her first week felt like things she would've either figured out, or searched for/tweeted about and gotten an answer for. It certainly doesn't paint her as an expert in mobile tech, not in my eyes. I'll cut her some slack since this was in her "rants" section and not a formal review, but this isn't a Myriam Joire/Chris Ziegler or Ars Technica-level review to be sure.

Ultimately, her and Scott Adam's views won't mean much in the long run. They generate a bit of buzz for the platform, and they ignite pissing matches for geeks on message boards. I still think her opinion and usage patterns point to the OS being great for most people using smartphones, and even better for those who are migrating to smartphones.

Last edited:

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

She had a handful of tweets via Windows Live during her challenge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05