beats on htc? sound vs display!!!

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i think this is huge! htc teaming up with beats by dr dre will give them superior sound quality but also a huge marketing edge. "beats are like bose", because of their dominate marketing, people think they are the best sound you can buy. although they are very high quality, not necessarily the best. so one of 2 things will happen, they will offer superior sound on their devices, and or they will package them with beats headphones... think about this, everytime you watch a movie, what phone do they have? ( an iphone, i think apple pays production companies for this ) or everytime you see an nfl player wearing headphones, what kind does he have? ( beats by dr. dre ) i just think tihis will create a sense of urgency for buyers, especially the younger generation. all that being said, this brings up a battle, htc vs samsung... "sound vs display". haha. this can only be great for wp7 users, more advertising!!!
and the more advertising, the more consumers, and the more consumers, the larger demand, and the larger demand, the more apps, the more apps, the more time i spend playing on my phone!!!

i personally cant wait for this, i use my phone as a primary mp3 player so having the sound quality for me is paramount. i might be more excited about this than a better screen. most people probably use their phones more for mp3 playback than they do for watching video...

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well i don’t watch that many vids , but when it comes to gamming and navigating in my phones oS , the screen does help.<

i compose music as well and honestly im still going for the screen over sound , i tend to watch my screen more then i listen to sounds on my phone , my phone is MUTED 99% of the time , as for music , i like Cd`s in my car and my sound system at home( im old school )

i cant wait to see what this is gona do to the phones , but im not expecting much ,, if you told be beats signed up with NOKIA , then id be all over it cause MS gives special treatment to nokia .. but what is HTC gona do to wp7 ,, im seeing beats on ANDROID more then wp.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'd prefer screen over sound, but the beats partnership will bring more attention to WP7; even though Beats don't sound that incredible, everyone thinks they do.

I use a Zune HD for my music, so the sound isn't extremely important to me. Hopefully you won't have to choose between sound and screen, HTC will just combine both into one great phone.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
Yeah, I'm going to have to go with visuals over audio, as well. As long as it doesn't sound like garbage (and that's general people's garbage, not pretentious aficionado garbage), I'm fine with it.

But, yeah, I hope HTC doesn't use this Beats thing as a reason to not step up their game in other areas.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm going to have to go with visuals over audio, as well. As long as it doesn't sound like garbage (and that's general people's garbage, not pretentious aficionado garbage), I'm fine with it.

But, yeah, I hope HTC doesn't use this Beats thing as a reason to not step up their game in other areas.

If they keep the screen quality of the HD7 or the Surround (and hopefully improve on it) and then just add in beats audio, I think that would be great. While having beats audio in your phone would be a total gimmick, it's a gimmick that a lot of people will buy into.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i agree with it being a gimmick to a certain extent... but it depends on how it is integrated. i also know that it will make people want one, which can only be a good thing for sales. however, selfcreation did bring up a good point, the article doesnt specify which OS , just htc as a manufacture... i would still like to think that if htc wanted to maximize on this they would roll it out to both wp7 and android. im tellin' ya, people are gonna freak out over this. 75% of smartphone users use their phone as a primary mp3 as well, probably 95% of wp7 users due to zune...

im still standing strong on sound quality... not just with the external speaker but with the sound chip in the phone! the EQ for when you are listening to music! there is a huge difference in sound chips...
you can plug the same pair of headphones into two different devices and get different quality of sound. my lcd screen is good enough for what i do, but i want some crisp sound when listening to music at the gym or when it is plugged into my car on the road... and i bet all the blind poeple would agree with me on this one... =)

Last edited:

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
i agree with it being a gimmick to a certain extent... but it depends on how it is integrated. i also know that it will make people want one, which can only be a good thing for sales. however, selfcreation did bring up a good point, the article doesnt specify which OS , just htc as a manufacture... i would still like to think that if htc wanted to maximize on this they would roll it out to both wp7 and android. im tellin' ya, people are gonna freak out over this. 75% of smartphone users use their phone as a primary mp3 as well, probably 95% of wp7 users due to zune...

im still standing strong on sound quality... not just with the external speaker but with the sound chip in the phone! the EQ for when you are listening to music! there is a huge difference in sound chips...
you can plug the same pair of headphones into two different devices and get different quality of sound. my lcd screen is good enough for what i do, but i want some crisp sound when listening to music at the gym or when it is plugged into my car on the road... and i bet all the blind poeple would agree with me on this one... =)

Well it would only make sense for them to push out the Beats audio on both operating systems. HTC is making such a large investment in Beats electronics, in order for them to maximize profit, they have to implement it on both platforms.

Right now, with SD cards being as unstable as they are with WP7, I use a stand alone Zune for my music needs, and the Zune is known for having a superior sound quality in comparison to the iPod.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs