Some basic questions from a RIM user

kelton

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm seeking other non-blackberry options.

The android forums are full of unbelievable reboots, battery life, and other bugginess. The newer the android phone, the more intense the problems!

The blackberry is actually ok for my uses, but I'd like some tighter Windows integration....with a bit more of a modern "smartphone" party involved.

So I know absolutely nothing about the praises and complaints regarding Windows phones (and I assuming we're talking Mango, here).

1. Battery life?
2. Are the numbers of Apps similar to the amount offered to blackberry users?
3. Does the phone have an Office suite that maintains formatting and integrates nicely with a cloud offering?
4. Is the camera and video offering as good as the better smartphone offerings out there? (I especially like to have close up capability so I can photograph (aka: scan) documents.
5. I'm with VERIZON and am kinda stuck there: Are there any interesting phones coming out in the near future with Verizon?
6. Does the phone have a file system such that I can easily find my documents, subfolders, photos, etc.?

Thanks for any help on this... this is my first investigation into a Windows phone. My last experience of any sort was with a Dell Windows PDA from 2003.

scottd34

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm seeking other non-blackberry options.

The android forums are full of unbelievable reboots, battery life, and other bugginess. The newer the android phone, the more intense the problems!

The blackberry is actually ok for my uses, but I'd like some tighter Windows integration....with a bit more of a modern "smartphone" party involved.

So I know absolutely nothing about the praises and complaints regarding Windows phones (and I assuming we're talking Mango, here).

1. Battery life?
2. Are the numbers of Apps similar to the amount offered to blackberry users?
3. Does the phone have an Office suite that maintains formatting and integrates nicely with a cloud offering?
4. Is the camera and video offering as good as the better smartphone offerings out there? (I especially like to have close up capability so I can photograph (aka: scan) documents.
5. I'm with VERIZON and am kinda stuck there: Are there any interesting phones coming out in the near future with Verizon?
6. Does the phone have a file system such that I can easily find my documents, subfolders, photos, etc.?

Thanks for any help on this... this is my first investigation into a Windows phone. My last experience of any sort was with a Dell Windows PDA from 2003.

1. My battery life is good... of course I do use an extended battery on my trophy.
2. From what I understand, blackberry app store is the smallest of the platforms.
3. Yes, office on the phone integrates with skydrive and it can work with your desktop office apps too.
4. camera is decent, but I use a digital camera for most of my pictures since no phone will match a decent digital camera.
5. I havent seen any on the coming soon list (i work for vzw). vzw dosent release details of upcoming phones to front line employees due to all the leaks over the past 2 years or so. its strictly need to know for the most part.
6. everything is managed through zune. no user accessible file structure that ive seen. mass storage mode isnt implemented out of the box. there is some third party workarounds out there tho.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans