08-14-2011 11:08 AM
61 123
tools
    Havn't noticed any difference when using the Dark and Light colour modes.
    08-12-2011 02:41 PM
    You must not have never really paid attention. There's a HUGE difference.
    Havn't noticed any difference when using the Dark and Light colour modes.
    08-12-2011 02:42 PM
    I get 2 days battery life on both modes with my Mozart, So I'm not really bothered to be honest.
    08-12-2011 02:46 PM
    I get 2 days battery life on both modes with my Mozart, So I'm not really bothered to be honest.

well the Color thing only effect AMOLED screens , not LCD like on your Mozart ( for the battery lfie ) i dunnoa bout the actual claraty of the text
    08-12-2011 03:06 PM
    hmm AMOLED int that much worst then LDC , it all depends what you do , if you have allot of dark colors with AMOLED your battery will last longer because black pixels on AMOLED dont use power (iish ) something you cant do with LCD . so the colors of your background can actually Effect the battery lol ( on AMOLED )

how to improve battery life on AMOLED: Battery life on AMOLED screen mobiles improved by simple tweak | Crave | CNET UK

AMoled and SLCD compared: AMOLED and SLCD screens compared - Phones - CNET Asia

So saying AMOLED kills your battery life is not 100% accurate. more like 50% ;) and you can actually make it last longer then LCD if you stay away from WHITES
    why does it gotta be a white and black thing? thats racism!!! lol j/k
    and i dont hate samsung and dell, i just pretend to sometimes i guess. but i do have to pretend what i currently have is the best! so because i have an htc, its the best! although i do stand behind the fact that htc always puts out updates quicker... as proven by froyo and gingerbread... and the people over at xda always seem to have the latest and greatest roms on the htc's... i think microsoft should make a flagship phone, designed and sold by microsoft... like apple does with their iphone
    08-12-2011 03:07 PM
    why does it gotta be a white and black thing? thats racism!!! lol j/k
    and i dont hate samsung and dell, i just pretend to sometimes i guess. but i do have to pretend what i currently have is the best! so because i have an htc, its the best! although i do stand behind the fact that htc always puts out updates quicker... as proven by froyo and gingerbread... and the people over at xda always seem to have the latest and greatest roms on the htc's... i think microsoft should make a flagship phone, designed and sold by microsoft... like apple does with their iphone
    lol , well the problem with the people at XDA , or problemssssssss i should say lol...

XDA dev`s are 99% oriented for HTC and always have been , and the reason for that is that over 90% of the dev at XDA work for HTC OR Microsoft directly , so they have access to things a little faster ;) ( thats what a HTC rep once told me ) and its nice to have the Custom ROM and all , but i dont think MS would like that very much specially with all the copy rights/ patents /lawsuits going on right now , hahaha , it would just look like MS was contradicting them selfs by allowing HTC to be a flag ship.

But dont get me wrong.

I just wish HTC had S-AMOLED PLUS, then id get an HTC faster then you can blink , so for the time being .. Samsung it is..
    08-12-2011 03:23 PM
    HTC ETERNITY!!!

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    Codenamed the Eternity because that's how long it would take you to get from one side of the screen to the other. :lol:
    3migo likes this.
    08-12-2011 03:30 PM
    I just wish HTC had S-AMOLED PLUS, then id get an HTC faster then you can blink , so for the time being .. Samsung it is..
    Am I the only person who isn't blown away by the Focus' screen? It's nice and all, but everyone makes it out to be the most amazing thing since sliced bread.
    08-12-2011 03:36 PM
    Am I the only person who isn't blown away by the Focus' screen? It's nice and all, but everyone makes it out to be the most amazing thing since sliced bread.

i just love it and honestly HTC has nothing better to offer for the time being ( gettign faster updates , HTC only apps , or HTC doesnt feel cheap , its just not enought )

and if i compare to the surround i ahd and the HD7 , i find the screen so much better and for me its all i need , but honestly its a preference , ia rgue with people at work about this EVERY DAY!! lol became a hobby
    08-12-2011 03:56 PM
    I find it amazing to look at. The viewing angles are great. That being said, I'd trade for an HD7S in a heartbeat. ****, I'd trade for a unlocked HD7.
    08-12-2011 04:02 PM
    agreed... if wp7 os is peanut butter, then htc phones are jelly... they just go together, ya know? amoled is nice, its very nice, but not a huge selling point for me... my lcd screen is also nice, just not as bright. but as stated earlier, i get better battery life, even with a white background.
    08-12-2011 04:04 PM
    i just love it and honestly HTC has nothing better to offer for the time being ( gettign faster updates , HTC only apps , or HTC doesnt feel cheap , its just not enought )

and if i compare to the surround i ahd and the HD7 , i find the screen so much better and for me its all i need , but honestly its a preference , ia rgue with people at work about this EVERY DAY!! lol became a hobby
    When I compared the Focus and the Surround side by side, I found that I preferred the screen on the Surround more, the Focus was just so bright that it hurt my eyes to look at it for a long time. Plus the HTC phones feel a lot more solid in my opinion.

Hopefully the new batch of Samsung phones will be prettier.

I find it amazing to look at. The viewing angles are great. That being said, I'd trade for an HD7S in a heartbeat. ****, I'd trade for a unlocked HD7.
    I love the screen size of the HD7S, what I don't like is how dark the screen is, and the weird gap between the battery door and the back of the phone. I wish that AT&T would get the Trophy.
    08-12-2011 04:07 PM
    this nokia looks sweet too... anyone know what it is?
    08-12-2011 04:10 PM
    this nokia looks sweet too... anyone know what it is?
    I've got no idea, but that white version looks awesome!
    08-12-2011 04:14 PM
    That image was availabe even before the 2 giants announced they were working together. Its just some concept art.
    08-12-2011 04:18 PM
    yea the htc eternity does seem sweet!

As the world runs short on snarky phone titles (and in fact, starts using a couple of the gems on more than one occasion), we're left to overlook the moniker here while focusing on what's important: that display. In fact, the 4.7-inch WVGA Super LCD shown here actually does seem to extend on for Eternity, and if HTC Inside's leak pans out, we could be looking at the world's next WP7 superphone. It's bruited that this fellow will be shipping with a single-core 1.5GHz processor, 8 megapixel camera (autofocus, dual LED flash), a 720p movie mode, front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera, 16GB of storage, DLNA support, Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS and a 1,650mAh battery. That's a pretty startling list of features, and savvy Windows Phone followers will recognize that the Mango update will indeed be necessary before that front-facing shooter becomes useful. Needless to say, we'll be keeping an ear to the ground for more, as essentials like price and release have thus far eluded us.
    08-12-2011 04:19 PM
    That image was availabe even before the 2 giants announced they were working together. Its just some concept art.
    actually there is an article saying they are legit... check it out
    Nokia WP7 Concept phones | Windows Phone Forums
    here is a nother pic of them
    08-12-2011 04:25 PM
    actually there is an article saying they are legit... check it out
    Nokia WP7 Concept phones | Windows Phone Forums
    here is a nother pic of them

Don't forget about this little recent gem. I can't wait for Nokia WP7 devices to hit stateside.
    08-12-2011 04:45 PM
    I'd love them to be true, but the only handset we know about is the Sea Ray, so don't get overly excited just yet.
    08-12-2011 04:59 PM
    I'd love them to be true, but the only handset we know about is the Sea Ray, so don't get overly excited just yet.
    And the odds of the Sea Ray dropping stateside are extremely low.

All I will say is this, while no manufacturers have announced any new devices that are launching alongside Mango, Apple NEVER announces a new device until release day, yet everyone knows they will announce one.

Just because there is no official word, doesn't mean that there will be no phones.
    08-12-2011 05:03 PM
    I just recently got my Dell, I'm not planning of getting rid of it soon. But in the Future I might get a Nokia (what ever comes with a S-AMOLED screen).
    08-12-2011 05:30 PM
    I'd like a phone with a better display and camera. I really really like the camera and display on the iphone 4. I'd like to see something like that in WP7.
    08-12-2011 06:02 PM
    People like oversaturated colors, though I kinda prefer the more natural colors of the HD7, but I hate the ghosting it has. Even the SLCD-based HD7S has annoying ghosting. But the Super AMOLED display has horrible power consumption when displaying white, which is unavoidable especially if you use the web a lot, and it's pentile matrix makes things less sharp than traditional RGB displays. Really looking forward to the rumored Super AMOLED Plus display on the rumored Samsung coming later this year. What I really hope is that they're able to give us more than three brightness levels. I know even the Galaxy SII hunts for brightness levels when set to autobrightness, but at least it transitions smoothly from one level to the next.
    3migo likes this.
    08-12-2011 10:54 PM
    I got my phone this year so my contract is up until 2013 so if Windows Phone is alive by there, it will probably be one of those Apollo phones, maybe a Nokia one.
    08-13-2011 08:25 AM
    I got my phone this year so my contract is up until 2013 so if Windows Phone is alive by there, it will probably be one of those Apollo phones, maybe a Nokia one.
    Windows Phone will definitely survive until 2013. A lot of "analysts" are predicting that by 2013, Windows phone is going to start becoming a force to be reckoned with.
    08-13-2011 12:09 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD