what is your next wp7?

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
yea the htc eternity does seem sweet!

As the world runs short on snarky phone titles (and in fact, starts using a couple of the gems on more than one occasion), we're left to overlook the moniker here while focusing on what's important: that display. In fact, the 4.7-inch WVGA Super LCD shown here actually does seem to extend on for Eternity, and if HTC Inside's leak pans out, we could be looking at the world's next WP7 superphone. It's bruited that this fellow will be shipping with a single-core 1.5GHz processor, 8 megapixel camera (autofocus, dual LED flash), a 720p movie mode, front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera, 16GB of storage, DLNA support, Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS and a 1,650mAh battery. That's a pretty startling list of features, and savvy Windows Phone followers will recognize that the Mango update will indeed be necessary before that front-facing shooter becomes useful. Needless to say, we'll be keeping an ear to the ground for more, as essentials like price and release have thus far eluded us.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
actually there is an article saying they are legit... check it out
Nokia WP7 Concept phones | Windows Phone Forums
here is a nother pic of them

Screen-Shot-2011-08-10-at-11.00.01-AM.png

Don't forget about this little recent gem. I can't wait for Nokia WP7 devices to hit stateside.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'd love them to be true, but the only handset we know about is the Sea Ray, so don't get overly excited just yet.

And the odds of the Sea Ray dropping stateside are extremely low.

All I will say is this, while no manufacturers have announced any new devices that are launching alongside Mango, Apple NEVER announces a new device until release day, yet everyone knows they will announce one.

Just because there is no official word, doesn't mean that there will be no phones.

DrSaiko

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I just recently got my Dell, I'm not planning of getting rid of it soon. But in the Future I might get a Nokia (what ever comes with a S-AMOLED screen).

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'd like a phone with a better display and camera. I really really like the camera and display on the iphone 4. I'd like to see something like that in WP7.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only person who isn't blown away by the Focus' screen? It's nice and all, but everyone makes it out to be the most amazing thing since sliced bread.
People like oversaturated colors, though I kinda prefer the more natural colors of the HD7, but I hate the ghosting it has. Even the SLCD-based HD7S has annoying ghosting. But the Super AMOLED display has horrible power consumption when displaying white, which is unavoidable especially if you use the web a lot, and it's pentile matrix makes things less sharp than traditional RGB displays. Really looking forward to the rumored Super AMOLED Plus display on the rumored Samsung coming later this year. What I really hope is that they're able to give us more than three brightness levels. I know even the Galaxy SII hunts for brightness levels when set to autobrightness, but at least it transitions smoothly from one level to the next.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone this year so my contract is up until 2013 so if Windows Phone is alive by there, it will probably be one of those Apollo phones, maybe a Nokia one.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone this year so my contract is up until 2013 so if Windows Phone is alive by there, it will probably be one of those Apollo phones, maybe a Nokia one.

Windows Phone will definitely survive until 2013. A lot of "analysts" are predicting that by 2013, Windows phone is going to start becoming a force to be reckoned with.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
well, a co-worker of mine really liked my DVP (he's been shopping around online looking for a decent price on a used one so he can give it a try without having to get into a new contract) so, if some spiffy new hardware comes along this fall I could just sell him my phone to help offset the price of the new one. I'm interested in seeing what Nokia brings out, and am going to keep an eye out for any new offerings from HTC or Samsung as well. It will depend in part on what ends up being offered thru T-Mobile so that will be the real limiting factor on my choices.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I quite fancy this actually. Looks a winner! :)
fisher-price-phone.jpg

Only if it has 'Live Tiles' of course, it looks as if they might be.

Yep i think my Samsung Omnia could be destined for the bucket! ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786