What do you want to see in WP Tango?:D

haikallp

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
lets list down the improvements/features we want to see in next year's Tango update!

1) Smart dialling (for numbers & alphabets)
2) button for making multiple selection (like that in Email. currently you have to delte songs, videos, messages one by one)
3) more themes

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I Really hope they add removing recent contacts from the recant contact area. Also I Hope they make it so you can remove recent apps in the app switcher. Last thing I really want is skype support

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I would like to be able to change the background behind the live tiles to a picture or something. WIFI tethering would be nice to have as well.

albertleao

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
1) Custom tones for notifications (I want my transformers transforming sound as my text notification :[ )

2)Custom background image instead of white/black

3)More options for tile colors (Transparent tiles, Changing Tiles...)

4)File explorer (This would theoretically allow you to attach anything to an email. Can't attach PDF's to emails at the moment)

5)No need to tap to have the GPS reset

6)Setting that shows all apps that are using toast notifications, live tile notifications. This would help us see whats supposed to be appearing and what's not

7)Allow the attachment of videos to texts

I still have a focus running NoDo, but I've read lots on Mango, I don't think any of these features were implemented.

Reactions: VernonEL

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Custom alert tones.

Able for each People contact to have their own custom alerts and ringtone.

Able to share youtube link to facebook. (Mango RTM build put bad link on facebook).

Option to leave WIFI always connected.

Video Camera to SAVE options. Not have to chose HD each time.

DuoWing

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping for better Xbox Live Functionality. I would love to see the ability to join/start things like an XBOX Live party chat.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Apps Can Be Closed

Also I Hope they make it so you can remove recent apps in the app switcher.
I do wish that there was a way to easily close out the apps in the fast app switching view, but closing them is not difficult. From the six page view, tap the app you would like to close, then tap the back button. This closes it out. If you hit the start button, it leaves it in the fast app switcher.

This has been detailed by several reviewers, but I wouldn't bring it up if I hadn't witnessed it myself. I have tried this exact thing on two different Mango devices. Two friends of mine have Mango: 7712 on the Trophy, and 7720 on the Focus. Both had gotten them updated from Microsoft before it was available through XDA, or however everyone else is currently doing it.

Anyways, as I understand it, closing out these pages will not help things much anyways because the apps are not actually running at the time. The only exception that I can think of would be the music apps, and I suppose podcast players would fall into that same category.

This is how I understand it, but I'd like to more about the details.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos