08-19-2011 10:26 AM
53 123
tools
    Pay Attention and understand my point,

I like WP7, The MetroUI is awesome, I use it every day, but i the frustration is we need better Hardware period, in order for the WP7 to enjoy success and gain market share.
    The only people that care about hardware are the tech savvy consumers and most of them are set on their current platform. Either being an iPhone or price is what the general public cares about. Since we're not an iPhone we have to be a cheap and attractive option.
    08-19-2011 04:35 AM
    Think I will follow Rumplestiltsken's advice and go sleep under a tree for a year (actually about 14 months), then wake up and read the comments in this thread. Everyone will be singing a very different tune. Can't wait.
    Absolutely! If MS does anything well, it's looking at the long term. They are already working on Kinect integration. They are already making the Xbox360 a central device in the living room. This is the plane on which MS is competing with Apple. Having a mobile device integrated into the home entertainment system will give Apple and MS an edge over Roku, and Google TV isn't doing too well. The PS3 is a good home entertainment system too, and just got NFL Sunday Ticket, but they have network and security problems and no mobile device integration.

I think MS is on the cusp with their Zune, Windows Live, Xbox Live, Skydrive, and Office integration. They just have to keep developing that ecosystem and they will succeed.
    08-19-2011 10:18 AM
    I agree, I'm wanting a 4.3" - 4.5" screen, and now I want a FFC too. It's a gimmick, but it'll be great to use with the xbox integration. NFC too. They seem to be behind one step.
    Pay Attention and understand my point,
    I like WP7, The MetroUI is awesome, I use it every day, but i the frustration is we need better Hardware period, in order for the WP7 to enjoy success and gain market share.
    08-19-2011 10:26 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD