Has anyone tried speaking txts yet

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried checking the speech setting to see if it works without a headset ? Settings / Speech / Read Incoming Text Messages Aloud / Always on ?

You change settings in there to make it work with or without a bluetooth headset enabled.

No problems here it's working fine for me with or without a headset. (Reading and Me Replying)

Not sure if you are having problems with or without your headset starsoccer.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
You need to make sure that "Read aloud incoming text messages" isn't off (Settings > speech) and that your ring profile isn't on vibrate or silent. Also, I may be wrong, but I don't think it will read the text message if you're reading a conversation from the same sender.

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I had it set on read aloud always with or without headset. Also Rico what do u mean about reading the convo.

All I did was sent myself a txt and then waited to hear it say something but it didnt say anything

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
For example:

You're sending a text message to Crystal. Make sure that you're not reading the messaging thread with Crystal. I'm almost certain it won't read the text. I'll have to test it later though.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I sent a text to myself and of course it won't read it if you are still in the thread. (As Rico mentioned)

I sent another to myself and hit the back button a few times, got the text and it read it out as normal. (After asking me if i wanted it read)

Hope no one sees me sending texts to myself, how sad lol :)

I can't think of any other settings that would affect the speech.

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
lol yea I will try that again but when it recives the text do u click on the notification or does it popup with something that says read it

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
lol yea I will try that again but when it recives the text do u click on the notification or does it popup with something that says read it
You get the usual Toast notification then it says, Message from 'Senders Name Here' - 'You can say read it, or ignore'

Saying Read It, she reads your message, saying ignore, you get a beep to confirm it's been ignored.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6