Negative Mango impression - Theme Color differences from NoDo

gallio

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
One thing I've noticed in all advertisements for Mango as well as demo videos is that the color theme they are using is kind of a burnt reddish orange color that I don't have on my Mango phone. It also hasn't been in the beta builds either.

Does anyone know what this color is? When I set my phone to red it looks much different from this.

Also has anyone else noticed that all of the color themes in Mango look a bit different than NoDo? For example the blue is much lighter and almost looks easterish and neon. I far prefer the blue from NoDo.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
If you are basing the color change from what you've seen in videos/pictures, it could just be the camera slightly distorting the colors.

gallio

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
If you are basing the color change from what you've seen in videos/pictures, it could just be the camera slightly distorting the colors.

It's possible, however the blue in Mango is definitely much different than it was in NoDo. Overall, all of the theme colors seem lighter and the only one I think looks decent is the Mango color, which was previously just orange.

I'm using an HTC arrive running 7720 btw. This has been an issue for me with Beta builds as well.

I'm really tempted to jailbreak the device and set up a custom theme.

Xplode22

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I think the colors are lighter. I had noticed the same thing. It makes it harder to read text on a light background (such as Subject line in email).

(BTW, I'm running 7712 on a HTC Trophy)

ethylove

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
im running 7720 on my focus and havent noticed a difference in ANY of the colors. except now there's a 'mango' orange. instead of just being called orange.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I did notice a change in my Samsung Focus when Mango first booted. 'Lime' looks darker, more opaque than the bright one in NoDo. It became apparent almost immediately to me... Too bad, that was my favorite color and now it's gone :(

Back to 'normal' green, it is.

EDIT: Oh, I'm running 7720

Last edited:

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow I didn't think they were going to change how the colors looked. Hopefully they tweak some of the other colors. I don't like how Brown or Purple look in NoDo.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The colours look as they always have on my Omnia running Mango. The only difference I can see is they renamed the orange colour to Mango. The colour intensities / shades / brightness haven't altered at all here.

(I use the blue theme and it's no different than it was on NoDo) :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99