7720 on my Arrive loves my battery

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I notice with 7720 my battery is dropping fast I suspect it may have to do with 7720 not having whatever "tailoring" that happens per carrier but that is speculation. Might just be some XDA shenanigans as it relates to WP7. But running RTM, I could go all day and into the next before needing to charge but I'm afraid to leave the house. For sure, I'll drop back to RTM and compare notes. Anyone else having battery issues because of this?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
While not using the same phone as yourself, the move from NoDo to 7712 then to 7720 made not a bit of difference for me. Battery lasted no longer or shorther than before with all 3 builds. (Around a day)

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
wow, mine is the exact oppisite on my htc hd7, my battery life seems to have doubled, really... this thing use to drink up my battery juice like it was red bull! now i go a full day on heavy use and its still at 30%

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I haven't noticed any more or less battery on my Arrive sense I made the jump but then again I really haven't been monitoring it. I will pay closer attention for a couple of days and post back. But for sure I haven't experienced any big battery drain.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what could be doing it but I'm back at NODO at the moment. I'll update again to the first RTM and give it a day or so to see if I'm stable. This is weird but I hope to get to the bottom of it.

EDIT: I'm back to 7712 and now the battery seems normal. I'll keep it here for a day or so and maybe I'll try 7720 again.

Last edited:

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hmm hopefully battery life doesn't drop significantly with Mango. I'm expecting a little bit of a drop because of Facebook chat, but not much.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hmm hopefully battery life doesn't drop significantly with Mango. I'm expecting a little bit of a drop because of Facebook chat, but not much.

This is Mango I'm talking about GaMMa. You will most likely be ok even with Facebook.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Haha I meant I hope the final carrier version of Mango. Hopefully that's not a battery hog.

Got cha. I think I'm good. Must have been a glitch in the Matrix. I just wasted about an hour playing this xbox game, Shuriken Ninja, and the battery indicator hardly budged. But I agree. I want this official update to go smooth for everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss