Facebook chat in Mango

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used Facebook chat in Mango extensively? How's battery life? Do new messages come in instantly or is there a delay? Is there a way to turn it on or off? Does this mean people will see me as constantly logged into Facebook chat?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
i use facebook chat all the time and you get your chat notifications just like texts and appear threaded.

You can change the status of the chat to be busy, offline etc. My chat is on all the time and doesn't seem to affect the battery unduly.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It works great! Haven't noticed any affect on my battery at all. You can go offline, just as the previous poster stated. It's pertty neat.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I saw a page that said you can get you Gtalk contacts to be imported to windows live and after after they accept, you could chat with them as you do with you Facebook friend and WLM contacts. I've tried it, twice , but can't get the contacts to show.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear it's not a battery drain. I'll probably try to use that instead of text messaging when I can. Seriously when are carriers going to lower the costs of texts?

We'll have to create a WPCentral chat group when Mango comes out.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
i use facebook chat all the time and you get your chat notifications just like texts and appear threaded.

You can change the status of the chat to be busy, offline etc. My chat is on all the time and doesn't seem to affect the battery unduly.

It works great! Haven't noticed any affect on my battery at all. You can go offline, just as the previous poster stated. It's pertty neat.

I'm glad to hear this. I love facebook chat!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss