08-24-2011 09:43 PM
34 12
tools
    For you scifi geeks out there..reminds be exactly of how Fox handled Firefly...
    and how CBS handled Jericho, and how ABC handled Twin Peaks, and how HBO very nearly handled The Wire...
    08-24-2011 09:28 AM
    and how CBS handled Jericho, and how ABC handled Twin Peaks, and how HBO very nearly handled The Wire...
    Jericho had to be the greatest show of all time.
    08-24-2011 09:40 AM
    I started watching Jericho on Netflix and really liked it. But forced myself to stop after a few episodes because I knew that I'd just feel extreme disappointment when I got to the end knowing that the full story wasn't told.
    08-24-2011 01:56 PM
    I started watching Jericho on Netflix and really liked it. But forced myself to stop after a few episodes because I knew that I'd just feel extreme disappointment when I got to the end knowing that the full story wasn't told.
    Actually, they did sort of wrap it up. There was YEARS of content left to explore and they left it open for a pickup but the big questions were answered to some extent.

That being said, the end of the first season and through the second it got so good I would think about it all week. Then when they killed it I was seriously heartbroken. Luckily with Firefly it was dead before I started watching, so I knew what was coming, wasn't as painful.
    08-24-2011 02:16 PM
    With Jericho, I got the impression they had to compress the five-season story arc into just two seasons, so some of it didn't make a whole lot of sense visually (Cheyenne getting rebuilt in a matter of months and not years).

Best show I've ever seen bar none is The Wire. Definitely worth a watch, and Amazon is having a sale on the full series DVD set right now.
    08-24-2011 02:55 PM
    With Jericho, I got the impression they had to compress the five-season story arc into just two seasons, so some of it didn't make a whole lot of sense visually (Cheyenne getting rebuilt in a matter of months and not years).

Best show I've ever seen bar none is The Wire. Definitely worth a watch, and Amazon is having a sale on the full series DVD set right now.
    Agreed, the last half of the second season was definitely rushed. I thought what made the show so good was that they were willing to take their time and get the audience emotionally invested. I thought it was very believable throughout.

i've never heard of the wire actually (no cable). But I will definitely look into it now.
    08-24-2011 02:58 PM
    And how HBO did handle Carnivale. There are still times I miss that show, though I don't think I ever understood the half of it.
    08-24-2011 05:48 PM
    i've never heard of the wire actually (no cable). But I will definitely look into it now.
    It's one of those shows that grow on you. The characters start off as a bit unlikeable, but if you can stick with it past season one, you'll begin to see how it really shines.

toddos, I've heard good things about Carnivale from others as well. I need to give that a shot as well.
    08-24-2011 08:51 PM
    Hey, you webOS guys are alright. Glad to see some more people here who are passionate about a product, particularly one with such notable a focus on usability and function as webOS, without being foaming-at-the-mouth fanboys about it.
    08-24-2011 09:43 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD