live mail not syncing...

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
my wifes live account isnt syncing, it is giving an error: "windows live error, last updated about a week ago, we're having problmes syncing with m.hotmail.com, error code 86000206"
ive tried everything i can think of... battery pull, resetting password, changing sync time, ect... still no luck... and because it is the default live acct i cant remove it without a factory reset, really dont wanna do that... although i am sure that should fix it. any ideas?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i knew you would be the first to respond! do they pay you to play on this forum? lol j/k... thanks bro

lol no , i work in cell phones ( i work for bell , im a Business account manager ) and i spend allot of time on the PC and im always bored. so i come here . lol

i wish they paid me :p

Jays451

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
So my Nokia Lumia 710 windows 7.8 phone ’s Windows live account was not syncing with my online live account. More precisely my calendar would sync but the Hotmail email on my phone and the contacts on my phone associated with my windows live account would not sync.
I got the error-
Windows Live
Attention Required
Next screen - We are having trouble syncing with m.hotmail.com
Various error codes would follow – 86000108, 86000206

I tried various remedies prescribed on various forums-
1. Changing the server to some other server like debug-m.hotmail.com and then changing it back to m.hotmail.com
2. Changing the server to bay-m.hotmail.com (bay123.hotmail.live.com being the url I get to on a PC when I access my live.com account)
3. Unchecking the sync email checkbox in my phone settings for the windows live account.
4. Setting it to download content from the last 7 days
5. Finding the problem mail in your live.com account. I deleted all my mail (since I don’t use that account for e-mail anyway)

My problem was that I needed my contacts backed up because I have over 3000 contacts and there is no way I was going to re-enter that many contacts. Plus the backup that zune does can only be restored to the same phone. So there was no way for me backup my contacts in a way that I could transfer them to another phone when I changed my phone.
All the backup softwares available on the marketplace didn’t work –
contacts backup by John Li
Qontact by Christian Mini
ContactsBackUp by Blazedream
Backup Contacts by Zooma Apps

I used the xda Developers WP7EasyBackup (which by the way is a fantastic piece of coding) to backup my entire phone excluding pictures, videos, music and whatever Zune backs up. Then I reset my phone and re-entered my windows live account. It synced. But the problem is that my phone now had no contacts to backup since I had reset it. So I restored the backup from WP7EasyBackup which brought my phone back to its pre-reset state with the non-syncing Windows live account. Same thing happened on using the Zune backup (Zune only backs up when you are updating the phone software on Zune or when you use the WPsupportToolsv2 to fake the update process).
Now here’s how I solved it-
I had read on one of the forums that the problem might be caused a problematic contact or calendar entry. But with no indication of how to identify such an entry. So basically the same problem as a faulty mail but with contacts. Weirdly there was just this one post in one forum talking about this, which is why I decided to write this.
One of the contact backup apps I had used had lined up all the contact names in a list on the screen. Although it did not do what it was supposed to, it helped me unwittingly. I had been arbitrarily scrolling down the list of names and I noticed on entry with a box next to it. You know like a symbol that is not rendered because of a missing language or something.
So I remembered that and I deleted that contact and the Windows live account began to sync. It was a miracle.
So to summarize – it is possible that you have a incorrectly formatted contact. My contacts had travelled through some four past phones. Mostly nokia.

sciscio

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi Jays,
this is Christian, developer of Qontact app.
I'm really sorry if you have some trouble using Qontact on Windows Phone 7. What's the problem?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi Jays,
this is Christian, developer of Qontact app.
I'm really sorry if you have some trouble using Qontact on Windows Phone 7. What's the problem?
I'm glad you've noticed this thread. However, the last post was in September 2013. That member has never posted again since that time. Most likely, he is not using a Windows Phone 7 device at this time.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre