Xbox <--> WP7 Fail!

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Kinectimals on Xbox and WP7 - YouTube!

In my opinion this youtube video is VERY dissapointing! I can't believe they decided to use QR codes to transfer your game from Xbox to WP7. That idea is a complete fail in my opinion.

I have to register my Xbox Live ID on my WP7 anyway. So, why can't I just select my device in the Xbox Live game and send it through the internet? They could send a push notification or something on my phone.

Do you guys agree that this sucks?? Does anyone like the idea?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't see how it's going to be "fun" in any type of way. I remember the original concept video of the xbox/wp7 integration, and it was sweet. This just seems like MS panhandling me more crap.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
My guess would be that QR codes are probably faster and more reliable. For example, if you were playing a FPS and you wanted to unlock every weapon in the game, would you rather input a password that unlocks everything instantly or download a 1GB file? The QR codes are probably more like the password in that it complies the information that is already there without having to download anything.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Kinectimals on Xbox and WP7 - YouTube!

In my opinion this youtube video is VERY dissapointing! I can't believe they decided to use QR codes to transfer your game from Xbox to WP7. That idea is a complete fail in my opinion.

I have to register my Xbox Live ID on my WP7 anyway. So, why can't I just select my device in the Xbox Live game and send it through the internet? They could send a push notification or something on my phone.

Do you guys agree that this sucks?? Does anyone like the idea?
I believe it's up to developers themselves to choose which tagging service they wish to use. There was another demo that was reportedly using Microsoft's tag service.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
My guess would be that QR codes are probably faster and more reliable. For example, if you were playing a FPS and you wanted to unlock every weapon in the game, would you rather input a password that unlocks everything instantly or download a 1GB file? The QR codes are probably more like the password in that it complies the information that is already there without having to download anything.

I'm thinking the QR code is more like a serial number that allows your phone to pull theinfo from online. Otherwise you'd have people tweaking the number to have a better more advanced animal. So, you're still downloading information to your phone anyway.

If I was setting it up. I'd hit start chose "Send to device" then select my phone from a list of my connected devices. How is that hard? If a 5 year old can figure out QR codes, then they can obviously figure that out.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea I don't think the QR codes are a big deal. This way you won't have to worry a few years from now about this feature being disabled because online is no longer supported for this game.

atitdd

May 31, 2011
Visit site

What this guy said, it makes absolutely no sense to download that info from the cloud/or wherever when your phone already has all the information stored which in turn just need to be assembled together.....its quite genius actually!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo