How to update to mango beta for dummies like myself?

mutize23

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
So ive been reading around and im wondering how exactly do you update to the mango beta version, what is there to download and if i do it through zune?

also what are the risks of installing a beta version to my phone, will it tamper with anything when the real deal comes out like app wise?

i know i sound like a noob lol, thanks in advance

xtravgnt

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I used this guide, it was pretty straight forward just took awhile.

How To Install WP7 Mango Beta Update

Guess the dangers are bricking your phone (not likely but possible). You will also need to revert back to nodo later before you install the official update, so make sure to keep the backup the tool creates safe.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a bunch for the reply
And don't panic at the 10 minute wait before the progress bar appears after the red do not unplug symbol appears, and then another 10 minute stop in the middle, it moves eventually.

Good luck mutize23, it's not difficult really, just a little nerve racking when you think nothings happening. ;)

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
So ive been reading around and im wondering how exactly do you update to the mango beta version, what is there to download and if i do it through zune?

also what are the risks of installing a beta version to my phone, will it tamper with anything when the real deal comes out like app wise?

i know i sound like a noob lol, thanks in advance

If you're smart enough to ask for help, y'aint a dummy!

mutize23

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea I figured before I do anything try and get some feedback. This is very exciting I'm going to start the update tonight with my brother, thanks for the support guys

mutize23

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks ^^

one more question though is it worth it? because ive read once you downgrade back to nodo, you lose all your information on your phone to a clean reset =(, cant afford that !

is it true?

scottd34

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you revert back to your backup that was made during the update. If you want to keep all your data (saved games and the like) then wait until the official update drops.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I literally, JUST updated to Mango tonight.

I'm in college, so I have a student email, and used that to get a free dev account for the time being.

That's a totally different process I guess, but I tried it once and the back up failed. I have a Focus with an Extra 16 GB card, so I went back and deleted all my music.

That's an extra tip. Delete everything you can resync before your back up so the back up takes less time and less chance of a screw up. Why do I need to be backing up my music when I already have it backed up every which way to Tuesday?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss