trouble reverting back to nodo...

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
it seems the instructions are a little vague on how to revert back to nodo... i was told to go to zune>settings>phone>update, then click resotre. sounds easy but there is no restore option there. when i click on update it says checking for updates, then it says your phone is up to date and it shows my 7720 version... so i then read that you had to place your backup file (the one with the long series of letters and numbers ) into the windows phone update folder (c:/users/username/appdata/local/microsoft/windowsphoneupdate/) which i have done. ***note*** my mango file was in there still as well. tried to see if restore option was there now and no success. so i then tried removing the mango file out of the folder and making sure the backup file was the only thing in the folder, and again no success. it still says your phone is up to date. however i then tried deleting the mango file altogether, but everytime i check for update, zune duplicates that mango file into the windows phone update folder... same on both my wifes phone and my phone. so how the heck do i get back to nodo? my backup was done properly, i have them renamed htc hd7 backup and it is the right file size...

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
every thing i find online discribe it exacly like you did , but it works lol.

thats weired. maybe try Re-instaling it like you said. i just hope you dint corrup your backup file . ( witch im sure you can find on XDA )

X7or360

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Did the tool you used to update contained a file named restore.bat? Because you can use it to restore to NoDo.

In that case you'll have to move your backup folder to C:\PreMangoState\ and then run the restore.bat file

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
it did, i am 99% sure that was the file i renamed "htc hd7 backup" but it was never in a folder c:/premangostate, in fact i dont even have a folder by that name

i need step by step instructions if anyone can help, thanks

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well what i think is going on now is that you dont have the proper backup file.

id look arround or ask , im sure some one has one they can send you.

i dont think the one for my FOCUS is gona help you,

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i appreciate it uptowndc, but i am pretty sure my backup file is good to go. i am not doing something right. i will play around some more when i get home, worse case scenario i will look for another backup file... thanks

X7or360

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It seems you'll have to make sure Zune sees the backup so you can restore. About the folder I told you about it could have been created depending on what you used to update to mango.

About using another backup file, I doubt it will do any good. As I believe a backup for a device can only be used on the device it came from.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
thats the question, how do i get zune to recognize the file? because right now it doesnt see it.... any ideas on trouble shooting? where do i start? because the only idea i have left is to renistall zune.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Well, anyone who is currently running Mango will have to revert back to NoDo before updating to their official carrier version of Mango.

X7or360

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
thats the question, how do i get zune to recognize the file? because right now it doesnt see it.... any ideas on trouble shooting? where do i start? because the only idea i have left is to renistall zune.

Well, if it helps, my folder structure looks like this, first there's the folder you already know:

C:\Users\<my user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update

Inside it there's a bunch of numbers indicating the device id

Inside it there are 2 folders: Properties and Restore Point, inside Properties there's an xml file also named properties :D

Now, inside RestorePoint there's a file named ActiveId.dat and another folder with a bunch of numbers and letters.

Again, inside the new folder with a bunch of numbers and letters there's a folder named Data, and finally inside that folder there's the backup.

The backup it's actually a series of small files starting with Data.0.dat and going up.

That should be the folder structure you need for Zune to see the backup, in my case that's how Zune 4.7 sees it.

Finally, and this is important, I believe you need the windows phone support tool installed and Zune 4.7 (not 4.8) to see the backup properly (if your folder structure is like mine) because now that I have updated to Zune 4.8 it doesn't see the backup I made, when Zune 4.7 could see it.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Not according to @winphonesupport and @zunesupport

Updating to Official Mango from 7720 RTM | Windows Phone Forums

pretty sure i am going to have to go back to nodo to manufacture release of mango... for example, there was a radio update on my phone (htc hd7) that isnt updated with this version of mango, and zune doesnt tell me there is an update either... i was under the impression for those of us who have the rtm leaked mango, we wont be getting future updates. therefore we would have to revert back to nodo once the official relase comes out this october...

on the topic, i am currentyl running zune 4.8 because thats what i was told i would need. so how do i go back to 4.7 , just to see if it recognizes the file...

what version of zune that is needed to restore nodo, probably depends on what tool that was used to install mango... i know i needed zune beta to install mango on my devise

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, if it helps, my folder structure looks like this, first there's the folder you already know:

C:\Users\<my user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update

Inside it there's a bunch of numbers indicating the device id

Inside it there are 2 folders: Properties and Restore Point, inside Properties there's an xml file also named properties :D

Now, inside RestorePoint there's a file named ActiveId.dat and another folder with a bunch of numbers and letters.

Again, inside the new folder with a bunch of numbers and letters there's a folder named Data, and finally inside that folder there's the backup.

The backup it's actually a series of small files starting with Data.0.dat and going up.

That should be the folder structure you need for Zune to see the backup, in my case that's how Zune 4.7 sees it.

Finally, and this is important, I believe you need the windows phone support tool installed and Zune 4.7 (not 4.8) to see the backup properly (if your folder structure is like mine) because now that I have updated to Zune 4.8 it doesn't see the backup I made, when Zune 4.7 could see it.

this is exactly how mine is structured too, so that being said, maybe i need zune 4.7 to get it to see my backup

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
pretty sure i am going to have to go back to nodo to manufacture release of mango... for example, there was a radio update on my phone (htc hd7) that isnt updated with this version of mango, and zune doesnt tell me there is an update either... i was under the impression for those of us who have the rtm leaked mango, we wont be getting future updates. therefore we would have to revert back to nodo once the official relase comes out this october...

Gotcha! Better safe than sorry. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there :)

X7or360

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
this is exactly how mine is structured too, so that being said, maybe i need zune 4.7 to get it to see my backup

Yes, in my case I had Zune 4.7 installed and also windows phone support tool (because I had an app that could create backups when I wanted and it needed that tool) so, at least it seems you need Zune 4.7, if it doesn't see the backup, try installing the support tool.

You can download zune 4.7 from here:

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Zune Software 4.7

And the support tool for 32 bit systems:

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...-4E4A-8179-9A3C5483E366/WPSupportTool-x86.msi

And for 64 bit:

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...E4A-8179-9A3C5483E366/WPSupportTool-amd64.msi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo