trouble reverting back to nodo...

simonnyc

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I was running mango beta for the past month and went back to nodo last night with the expectation that mango will get an official release in the next week.

Prior to upgrading to mango, i thought nodo ran pretty well. After using mango for a month, i can't believe how sluggish nodo feels. i'm not sure i'm gonna be able to wait a week for mango to release. i may have to switch back to mango beta for the time being.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
What reason do you think that Mango will be available in a week? I haven't really seen anything indicating that. I'm actually expecting it to happen some time in November.

simonnyc

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
What reason do you think that Mango will be available in a week? I haven't really seen anything indicating that. I'm actually expecting it to happen some time in November.

Apparently rtm mango builds have already been sent to the handset makers

Microsoft's marketing chief: It's now up to our OEMs to launch Mango | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

+

HTC has a mango event planned for Sept 1st.

HTC September 1st Event to focus on Mango? | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

+

Zune software was recently updated to 4.8

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Just looking at the history of the carriers... I think they're going to sit on it for a while.

I do believe that new devices with Mango will be coming out fairly soon. But the update? That may take a while.

simonnyc

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
i hope you're wrong. mango beta ran without a hitch on my Arrive. i can't see why the carriers would hold off on releasing mango if it's ready. they can probably make a 2nd push at selling their existing hardware with the mango update. can't see why they would want to hold onto old hardware with new hardware coming out.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
got a problem, zune wont read my phone on 4.7 it wants to update to 4.8 , everytime i connect it , it is saying zune requires a software update to use this device

edit*** and now that it has updated to version 4.8, again there is no restore option... i am now worried i amy not be able to get back to nodo

Last edited:

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
also i just found that the back file i renamed i wasnt suppose to rename, maybe thats why zune doesnt see it. the file with all the letters and numbers i renamed. inside that folder there is properties and restore point. inside restore point there is another folder with a long series of letters and numbers... thats the one i thought i was supposed to drag into windows phone update folder

X7or360

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
also i just found that the back file i renamed i wasnt suppose to rename, maybe thats why zune doesnt see it. the file with all the letters and numbers i renamed. inside that folder there is properties and restore point. inside restore point there is another folder with a long series of letters and numbers... thats the one i thought i was supposed to drag into windows phone update folder

Yes, the folder you renamed needs to be changed back to the original name, you can do that by opening the properties.xml file, you'll see something like this:

<DeviceUrlId>zune-tuner://windowsphone/70e5a812%20-%200b953962%20-%208b437177%20-%203e3f59c8</DeviceUrlId>

Then, copy the bold part I show here to a notepad file and replace the %20 for spaces, it would have to look like this:

70e5a812 - 0b953962 - 8b437177 - 3e3f59c8

And that's the name the folder had, now you can just rename it. So yes, you need that folder with the correct name and also, the properties and restorepoint folders inside it.

Now, going back to the whole thing about zune 4.7 not letting you go to the settings for the phone so you can restore... I have a final suggestion before the "nuclear" option (aka flash a factory ROM)

You'll need:

Having placed the folder with the correct name now :) and everything inside the windows phone update folder as before, you need to open the tool downloaded from xda developers. Make sure zune 4.7 is closed.

Now, you should click restore on this program and hopefully it should see the folder with the backup and begin restoring it on it's own.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
got a problem, zune wont read my phone on 4.7 it wants to update to 4.8 , everytime i connect it , it is saying zune requires a software update to use this device

edit*** and now that it has updated to version 4.8, again there is no restore option... i am now worried i amy not be able to get back to nodo

HEY !!! did you try Takign your internet wire out of your PC befor you connected your phone!!!!!!?????

LMAO! ;) hehe that way it wont look for updates ;) LOL!!

cheating your PC 101 , by selfcreation

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
finally, all i had to do was rename the file back to its original name... thanks for the tip... i would have had no idea to figure out what it was without that advise, so hat off to you x7or360
back on nodo, waiting on official mango... another success story from the help of an awesome community!!!

X7or360

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
finally, all i had to do was rename the file back to its original name... thanks for the tip... i would have had no idea to figure out what it was without that advise, so hat off to you x7or360
back on nodo, waiting on official mango... another success story from the help of an awesome community!!!

Great! I'm glad the solution was simple and it all ended well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss