Mango Questions

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to Mango last night. I have a couple of questions. Seems like it would make sense to have s sticky thread to have people just post their questions about mango.

Here goes.
My first question is about the "Me" tile. I don't have one and know that I can pin a contact to the live tile screen. I have done that, but when I click on it, I don't have any integration to my facebook page. the only pages I get are "Profile" and "History". Do I need to rename the contact to "Me" to get the other pages to show up?

My second question is more of a Windows Question. I want to add some ringtones and I know how to do it, but some of my MP3 files are too long to make a ring tone. Does anyone know of a good/free MP3 editor that I can use to edit MP3 files to make some ringtones?

xtravgnt

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
For me if i go into the people tile or click or go to the address book then click on my picture there is a little pin button there. Once I hit that and it goes to the home screen and I click on that tile all my feeds/info is there.

Last edited:

Tee

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
You can pin the me tile by going into the people hub and tap on your picture tile.

As for your contacts missing the Facebook newsfeed, it could be that your particular contact is not linked to his/her Facebook account. The phone automatically links account together if they have similar names. However if your friend uses different nickname, the phone won't know that and you have to link it manually. Just go into their profile and the link button is on the appbar.

I use mp3directcut for cutting mp3, mp3DirectCut - editor to cut, fade, split and record compressed mpeg audio

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to Mango last night. I have a couple of questions. Seems like it would make sense to have s sticky thread to have people just post their questions about mango.

Here goes.
My first question is about the "Me" tile. I don't have one and know that I can pin a contact to the live tile screen. I have done that, but when I click on it, I don't have any integration to my facebook page. the only pages I get are "Profile" and "History". Do I need to rename the contact to "Me" to get the other pages to show up?

My second question is more of a Windows Question. I want to add some ringtones and I know how to do it, but some of my MP3 files are too long to make a ring tone. Does anyone know of a good/free MP3 editor that I can use to edit MP3 files to make some ringtones?

question 1 - dont pin the contact of "me" to the homescreen, that will just be a quick link to that particular contact. in the people hub however, People hub -> tap on your picture -> hit the pin button on the bottom

question 2 - there are a lot of free audio editors out there, audacity, wavosaur, dj audio editor... but be aware all of them work beautifully but they wont allow you to save them in mp3 format unless you purchase it... the only one i found that works perfectly is "wavepad sound editor" completely free and allows to save as mp3...

panda51988

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
so tempted to put mango on my focus, i don't know if i can wait till the official update(whenever that is). everyday i get more tempted.

as for an editor, there is a ringtone website that lets you upload the file, edit the part you want and save it to your computer(all free). it shouldn't be hard to find, if i remember the name i will edit my post. or when my girl gets here i will edit my post because i sent her a custom ringtone to her old phone so she has the name.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
so tempted to put mango on my focus, i don't know if i can wait till the official update(whenever that is). everyday i get more tempted.

as for an editor, there is a ringtone website that lets you upload the file, edit the part you want and save it to your computer(all free). it shouldn't be hard to find, if i remember the name i will edit my post. or when my girl gets here i will edit my post because i sent her a custom ringtone to her old phone so she has the name.

from my experience you couldnt save in mp3 format or at all... tones were saved in your online acct, myxertones.com and phonezoo.com both allowed this.

wavepad audio editor is the best way to go

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
If you use Roxio, it has a sound editor built in (made a dozen mp3 ringtones with it). You can all use the built-in Windows Sound Recorder.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss