How it could end.......(We need 4G)

hes so hott

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's LTE now covers half the US population, and they are going live with several new markets soon.

LTE is a big deal, and so is 4G in general. Everybody wants a 4G phone now. Evo 4G sold like hotcakes, and now the Thunderbolt is selling like crazy as well. (I work at airports and I like to keep an eye on what people are using. I see these allllll the time).

Nobody "needs" 4G, but that's beside the point. People WANT it.

And AT&T and T Mob knows this and is why they call their HSPA+ "4G" even though it doesn't match V's LTE speeds. That is why the premise of the original posts seems so off.

hes so hott

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Yikes..brutal tone.

I didn't read the article or even all of this post. I do know that when I went to Sprint to by my arrive, the first thing the sales lady said was "you do know this doesn't have 4g?" I really didn't care cause 4G is wackado right now. But its definitely a buzzword that will further push users towards android. While I don't know that non-LTE will be the end of WP7 I do have to echo the sentiment that I hope its coming soon. I just had an OS die on me...can't take another one...

I wouldn't call it harsh. I'm just amazed at some of the logic. I saw that same type of thinking over at Precentral and it gets so old.

Follow me on this one. WP is going to die if there are no WPs with LTE that are release in 2011? Does that make any since to you? It didn't to me. Sure LTE is popular on V but as I said in my last post AT&T and T Mob have gone with the 4G moniker, which is what V is using as well. The average American isn't going to bother to figure out that on V they'll get on average 14mbps down on V's LTE and on average 7mbps down on AT&T's HSPA+. All that they know is that AT&T or T Mob or Sprint said that they offer 4G so it must be as good as V's. 4G is 4G, right?

If WP7 dies, which I doubt that it will, it won't be bc there were no WP7 LTE devices in 2011. To the follow the OP's logic, Microsoft has 4 months to ensure that their partners release LTE devices, otherwise the system will be dead. Yep, that's a very logical train of thought and we need more of that type of thinking.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't call it harsh. I'm just amazed at some of the logic. I saw that same type of thinking over at Precentral and it gets so old.

Follow me on this one. WP is going to die if there are no WPs with LTE that are release in 2011? Does that make any since to you? It didn't to me. Sure LTE is popular on V but as I said in my last post AT&T and T Mob have gone with the 4G moniker, which is what V is using as well. The average American isn't going to bother to figure out that on V they'll get on average 14mbps down on V's LTE and on average 7mbps down on AT&T's HSPA+. All that they know is that AT&T or T Mob or Sprint said that they offer 4G so it must be as good as V's. 4G is 4G, right?

If WP7 dies, which I doubt that it will, it won't be bc there were no WP7 LTE devices in 2011. To the follow the OP's logic, Microsoft has 4 months to ensure that their partners release LTE devices, otherwise the system will be dead. Yep, that's a very logical train of thought and we need more of that type of thinking.

I don't want to get a flame war started here, I really don't, but I can't help but point out to you that your tone is what got people acting negative.

OP, forgive me but WTF are you talking about?

When you start a post off that way, people are gonna think you are flaming the dude.

Maybe his post was a little (or alot) over the top, speaking from passion most likely (which is why Precentral tended to get all spun up). I think it'd be the same for any fan board. I can imagine "OMG, GM isn't coming out with a redesigned HEMI next year, they are going down!"

Further down, he calmed his language down and made a more compelling argument. In my opinion everyone is right. WP7 is probably coming out with LTE phones. If they wait too long it will hurt sales.

So the real difference in opinion seems to be "will it kill the OS?" The overarching agreement seems to be "no, but it could be a piece of the eventual death knell."

And once again...I really hope not. I think the Nokia deal is going to inject some serious life into the ecosystem. And I have this sneaking suspicion that Windows 8 will be a bit of a rebirth of Microsoft. They've been moving in the direction of making quality and innovative software for the first time in years. I have a good feeling...

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
we all need to step back for a min , take a DEEP breath ..... ook every one feel better now?

no need for hate . im sure your Opinion matters and when its frustrating you just NEED to RENT it out , ( i know how u feel cause im like that in real life lol and my Bosses dont always like me cause im to strait forward lol and i say what’s on my mind )

but we dont need to insult each other , i think i speak for must of us here when i say we need to keep this FUROM CLEAN AND ENJOYABLE.. i don’t want it to become a ****** web site like over at Android Central and the Iphone central. Where you mention a different OS and you get over 100 HATE Reply.

we are better then them ( our community ) so lets show it.
we can always express our Emotions . its fun reading and replying to RENTS, but lets keep it Civil

Donta79

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I guess I just hoped MS had more tricks up it's sleeve for WP7 besides Mango, I don't feel Mango will be enough to get people interested in WP7 when you got iOS5/iPhone5 coming, Google ICE CREAM SANDWICH devices, Google's Nexus Prime, and Droid Bionic, all coming out this FALL. It will be some tough waters ahead for WP7..... DANGER.........DANGER............DANGER! (Lol a spoof of MS's kin internal instant messages)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I guess I just hoped MS had more tricks up it's sleeve for WP7 besides Mango, I don't feel Mango will be enough to get people interested in WP7 when you got iOS5/iPhone5 coming, Google ICE CREAM SANDWICH devices, Google's Nexus Prime, and Droid Bionic, all coming out this FALL. It will be some tough waters ahead for WP7..... DANGER.........DANGER............DANGER! (Lol a spoof of MS's kin internal instant messages)

Honestly , what i think ,,, if MS just added more XBOX live integration ... it would make all the different . i mean 99.99% people with an XBOX would want a WP!!! i know not all of you have an XBOX (yet ) but Millions of people have them , imagine a WP7 in every Xbox user?s hand . it would help.

they are doing it , but its taking to long.

Also keep in mind MANGO is gona Open up ALOTE of doors with the new access to API + the 500+ features they are adding, i think we gona see WP quality grow ALOTE faster once mango comes out..

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i dunno, i am slowly losing faith... i like my phone a lot, but i definately dont love it... however that being said, i still would never buy an android over it, too many force closes... i have never owned an iphone, but i might if tmobile gets one when my contract is up. all depends on how this os pans out... and what ms does with it

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Honestly , what i think ,,, if MS just added more XBOX live integration ... it would make all the different . i mean 99.99% people with an XBOX would want a WP!!! i know not all of you have an XBOX (yet ) but Millions of people have them , imagine a WP7 in every Xbox user?s hand . it would help.

they are doing it , but its taking to long.

I agree 100%. I am baffled that they aren't pushing WP7 more through Xbox. I haven't yet seen an ad for WP7 on the Xbox 360 home screen. Know what I have seen? Ads for freaking T-Mobile Android phones!!!

They really need to start pushing the gaming aspect of Windows Phone. We need more games like Fable Coin Golf and Full House poker, that link with the 360 version and give you extra bonuses. Imagine if they made a Halo, Mass Effect, Deus Ex, etc. game that unlocked exclusive items in the 360 version of the game. MS have deep pockets. They could make this happen!

Donta79

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree 100%. I am baffled that they aren't pushing WP7 more through Xbox. I haven't yet seen an ad for WP7 on the Xbox 360 home screen. Know what I have seen? Ads for freaking T-Mobile Android phones!!!

They really need to start pushing the gaming aspect of Windows Phone. We need more games like Fable Coin Golf and Full House poker, that link with the 360 version and give you extra bonuses. Imagine if they made a Halo, Mass Effect, Deus Ex, etc. game that unlocked exclusive items in the 360 version of the game. MS have deep pockets. They could make this happen!

Sixaxis & DualShock 3 on Android - YouTube

I wanna be able to do this!

and play games like this! SHADOWGUN Gameplay E3 2011 [ iPhone, iPad, Android, Tegra ] - YouTube

scottd34

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Ice cream sandwich is nice and all, but itll be what 6 months before (and IF) phones even get it. Heck theyre just rolling out 2.3 to some phones now and thats been out for a while now.

and yes, the population of the US isnt spread evenly so ya vzw can cover 50% of the population without needing to cover half of the map.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Considering how god awful the original post was... it wasn't brutal enough.

agreed. the OP seems to like making posts like that one (look at his post history) so, as soon as I saw who started this thread I kinda took it all with a grain of salt but, I can see how/why others may have felt a need to be a bit FIRM in their responses (which seemed perfectly reasonable to me).

Donta79

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
agreed. the OP seems to like making posts like that one (look at his post history) so, as soon as I saw who started this thread I kinda took it all with a grain of salt but, I can see how/why others may have felt a need to be a bit FIRM in their responses (which seemed perfectly reasonable to me).

No, you what it is, I am realistic, I tell it like it is !, I don't live in a fantasy like you and others , who live in a fantasy and pretend that all is well with WP7, your guys pretend like the current crop of hardward is just perfect and you guys pretend like WP7 is actually selling well. You guys are in denial, but then again this is the same crap the WebOS people said, this is the same fantasy WEBOS folks lived in..............

Like i said, if new interesting 4G WP7 hardware doesnt come out soon, iphone 5 and ICE CREAM SANDWICH devices(Nexus Prime and Droid Bionic) are going to hit WP7's marketshare with a KO punch..............

Mango should have been released from Jump, and MS should have had some dual core devices out by now with front facing camera's and 4G LTE.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
No, you what it is, I am realistic, I tell it like it is !, I don't live in a fantasy like you and others , who live in a fantasy and pretend that all is well with WP7, your guys pretend like the current crop of hardward is just perfect and you guys pretend like WP7 is actually selling well. You guys are in denial, but then again this is the same crap the WebOS people said, this is the same fantasy WEBOS folks lived in..............

Like i said, if new interesting 4G WP7 hardware doesnt come out soon, iphone 5 and ICE CREAM SANDWICH devices(Nexus Prime and Droid Bionic) are going to hit WP7's marketshare with a KO punch..............

Mango should have been released from Jump, and MS should have had some dual core devices out by now with front facing camera's and 4G LTE.

hemad1.jpg

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
such hostility... there is some truth to the OP, but it is still a matter of opinion seeing as how nobody can predict the future. i still have faith , although i am slowly losing it. wp7 is a beautiful device but isnt on par hardware wise with the competition... that being said specs arent everything, take the galaxy s II and run a speed test against the focus... my thinking is that in order for this to be a competitor they have to bring something big, and so far i havent seen it... a perfect comparison is the zune hd, and i keep saying this. the zune hd is way prettier than an ipod touch, and its UI was awesome. zune pass is also sweet. but where is the zune hd now? and where is the ipod touch?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

1. hardware .. ok so we dont have duel-core and FFC... what else we missing? ( witch we are getting BTW )

2. we are getting Kinenct Integration soon, what other phone has that? non , so we just jumped ahead + Xbox live integration .. who else has that? no one.. PS Android phone is just a android with a Controller lol .

3. no WP7 is not selling well ,but its doing better then WEBOS was and is on par if not better then RIM (blackberry) so its not that bad...

4. my Samsung FOCUS is 4g... not LTE but i can pass it as a 4G cause People think HSPA+ is 4G .. lol . just as easy to sell. and most reg consumer dont even know WTF LTE is ,.. they only know .. 1x , 3g , 4g , EVDO ect.... so this wont really effect sells.

5. ICE scream sandwich LMAO!! .. thats just an other way to tell all Android user to get a new phone cause the old one will get saturated away into the Archives. something good about WP we dotn leave phone behind ( all phones get the updates ) compare to Android . that alone helps some people to get WP. or they can get a new Android every year.

6. as for market shares... MS is UP and Google is DOWN. so im not worried right now ,

We could say that WP7 has some unique innovation and that Android and IOS are the one that are behind cause they don’t Offer some of our Intergrated Features.. .

just like they can say the same for us about are HARDWARE…

MS is Also working on a Much better Eco system then the others , and thats not fantasy thats facts. witch is also going to help.

+ keep in mind that the 500+ features coming with MANGO that most of you tested are 50% unfinished . and the fact that we haven’t seen NOTHING yet regarding the NEW *API* access( witch is gona allow for an other 500+ related APP features ).... this phone is gona BLOW up in the next phew months in terms of quality. And alote more DEVELOPERS are heading to WP after mango launches.

All thes post tell me is that people lack patients.

Its not fantasy, its SIFI coming to a future near you!

Last edited:

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site

and with that... I rest my case...

:rolleyes:

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
... a perfect comparison is the zune hd, and i keep saying this. the zune hd is way prettier than an ipod touch, and its UI was awesome. zune pass is also sweet. but where is the zune hd now? and where is the ipod touch?
This I highly agree with. I am a proud owner of a Zune HD and it's sad to see the state it is in. Although, MS did put some recent updates and apps to it, it's too late as it's fate is sealed. The number one thing that killed it in my opinion was the lack advertisements. In fact, there was zero ads for it. Because of this, I'm inclined to believe that HD was just a mere setup for the WP7. So perhaps, in Microsoft's eye, the HD was not a failure, as it served a purpose for the development of the phone. If one is to believe this then, one has to believe that MS has a plan set that we all aren't seeing at the moment. Regardless, I'm all in with WP7 until it actually dies, just like I did with the HD!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro