Switching phones

x I'm tc

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
So, I took my Windows Phone (Sprint Arrive) for a swim last week on vacation. Not just a little one, but like 30 minutes in the pool with the battery in. Not surprisingly, it was dead as a doornail when I discovered it. Miraculously, after drying out for the last week, it has come back to life, although it is a bit wonky on the hardware end (keyboard not responding well, screen all splotchy) it seems 100% fully functional from the software point of view. I might have considered just using it until the new batch of phones comes out this fall, but I already ordered a replacement -- a used phone of the same model -- on eBay, and it has just arrived (no pun intended).

My question is this, can I back up my current "Lazarus" phone and then restore it on my replacement? If so, how? I can't even figure out how to get Zune to take a backup.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The most important thing is to make sure your contacts are synced to your hotmail address. The Zune software can automatically restore any pictures, music, etc that you have stored on your device. Apps as well. But if you never setup your Zune syncing then hurry before the phone dies again.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you can't make a full backup and restore it onto a different phone unfortunately. Pictures, music, videos can be backed up via Zune. Contacts and calendar can be synced with your favorite email service. Apps that were installed via Zune should automatically reinstall, you'll have to manually install the rest of them.

You can't back up texts or app data (including game saves). This is the only thing you really lose when you reset or switch to a new phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs