Mango and T-Mobile

UpTownDC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just left the T-Mobile store in my area and here is the deal so far for Mango as I was told:
1. T-Mobile folks are being trained by MS Rep's next week on the new "Mango" phones
2. Mango updates will start rolling out end of Qrt...which is Sept. 1st.
3. T-Mobile will be provided with "Mango" SD cards from in store Mango upgrades for NoDo WP7 handsets.
4. No word on when the handset's arrive but he said around Sept. 1st

I will keep you posted on further updates. The only reason that I got this info is because one member of my staff works there part time.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I wonder if mango phones will actually launch September 1st. HTC is unveiling the Omega and Eternity that day, and the rumor said they would launch sooner than we might expect.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
No 3 sounds wrong. The HD7 doesnt have a storage card slot so "Mango SD cards" sound like a mixup with the android updates for the LG or htc android. Did your source give details on how that is supposed to work?

UpTownDC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No 3 sounds wrong. The HD7 doesnt have a storage card slot so "Mango SD cards" sound like a mixup with the android updates for the LG or htc android. Did your source give details on how that is supposed to work?
Maybe I didn't explain it right...they are using an SD card to hookup to the phone to upgrade the OS. They are flashing it.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I am definitely curious about what is coming to Sprint. I would especially enjoy a front facing camera :) I have until Sept 22nd to return my phone...here's to hoping!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

its probly just gona be the Update they can put on the store PC so they can connect the phone and update it for the client with ZUNE ( we did that for the Iphones 3gs with Itunes whent he Iphone 4 came out )

but i still find it weird cause MANGo can just be updated on your Own zune in 15min...

one thing they should do is Provide you with a CD with a ZUNE exe file in the WP7 box!

UpTownDC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
its probly just gona be the Update they can put on the store PC so they can connect the phone and update it for the client with ZUNE ( we did that for the Iphones 3gs with Itunes whent he Iphone 4 came out )

but i still find it weird cause MANGo can just be updated on your Own zune in 15min...

one thing they should do is Provide you with a CD with a ZUNE exe file in the WP7 box!
From what I have been told...there are a ton of folks that just can't get Zune to work on their pc's. So T-Mobile in my area are providing the "build" in house to help folks out. The only reason I went up there today was to get the code to unlock my handset. LOL

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
From what I have been told...there are a ton of folks that just can't get Zune to work on their pc's. So T-Mobile in my area are providing the "build" in house to help folks out. The only reason I went up there today was to get the code to unlock my handset. LOL

but i dont understand how its gona be on a SD card.. doesn’t really make sens.

once the card goes in , it int coming out ,, unless they make you buy a 30$ SD card with the update on it.... OR go home and do it ur self?? i dont see how efficient this si gona be for the stores lol .

unless its a: install SD card , boot to MANGO ,, HARDRESET , remove card.. NExt client..
witch is also gona be a PAIN in the Ars for Stores . LOL

i guess only time will tell.

UpTownDC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
but i dont understand how its gona be on a SD card.. doesn’t really make sens.

once the card goes in , it int coming out ,, unless they make you buy a 30$ SD card with the update on it.... OR go home and do it ur self?? i dont see how efficient this si gona be for the stores lol .

unless its a: install SD card , boot to MANGO ,, HARDRESET , remove card.. NExt client..
witch is also gona be a PAIN in the Ars for Stores . LOL

i guess only time will tell.
I couldn't tell you. All I know is I'm waiting for the "Official" build from them. I could care less how it get's on my phone as long as it get's there. LOL

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
New devices next week would be sweet. I would be nice to get this out and rolling, with new handsets! Where's that Paul Thourott guy at!

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
New devices next week would be sweet. I would be nice to get this out and rolling, with new handsets! Where's that Paul Thourott guy at!

Let's hope to God that Thourott's "2012" prediction is off by at least three months, even four. I have two lines out of contract and would be thrilled to use one up next week!

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
tmobile will proabaly be first to roll out update, always are... thats why i switched to them from verizon and paid almost 600 bucks in cancellation fees

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
The T-mobile rep I spoke to claimed Oct. 5th for new Mango handsets and that the Omega AND Eternity would be hitting Tmobile. But, he also tried to argue with me that Windows Mobile and Windows Phone are the same thing. But, he also wouldn't accept my $500 wager that WM and WP were entirely different. So, take that for what it's worth. Hah.

Two other Tmobile reps I talked to at a different store had no clue about Mango nor did they have a clue about new WP devices at all.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I stopped in a Tmobile and the demo they had locked in a drawer didn't even have the NODO update. The first time I ever saw a windows phone with screen lag. I almost wanted to run out of the store with it, clean it up, update it and return it. (in a box with no return address of course)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
it would be awesome. One way or another, we'll be getting Mango soon. In new handsets or actual upgrade. I'm hoping both. I also have a upgrade, and it's burning a hole in my pocket. I hope Samsung and HTC announce something amazing on the 1st.
Let's hope to God that Thourott's "2012" prediction is off by at least three months, even four. I have two lines out of contract and would be thrilled to use one up next week!

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I stopped in a Tmobile and the demo they had locked in a drawer didn't even have the NODO update. The first time I ever saw a windows phone with screen lag. I almost wanted to run out of the store with it, clean it up, update it and return it. (in a box with no return address of course)
The last time I went to the AT&T store the LG phone wouldn't turn on and the Samsung Focus had terrible burn in on the screen. The demo screen tiles were a yellow ghost image on the screen. Not a good way to promote WP7.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
That sounds great considering that I was planing to go to T-mobile instead of my regular carrier but the seller did her best to keep me away from it. Apparently is full of bugs or something.

Anyway I can't wait to see the Eternity, is the first one I'm excited about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs