Almost there....ordered my Dell Venue Pro

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
Well as of about 5 min ago I am one step closer to being a WebOS refugee. Just ordered my Dell Venue Pro with a hefty price tag of $.99 with a 2 year TMobile contract. While I feel sad that the pre is going to be in a box in my closet....it was probably for the best.

Not sure if any one will read this and actually care...but I will pretend people will.

WINNING!

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
welcome!!! the dell venue is a nice phone, although you have 30 days for the buyers remorse period, if you dont like it i would reccommend the hd7, or see what comes out in the next few weeks!!!

dell had some firmware issues, supposedly fixed now

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Cool! I almost got a Venue Pro, but the firmware issues scared me off. I went with the HD7 instead. Thankfully, all the Venue Pro's issues have FINALLY been fixed with the latest firmware update.

Hope you enjoy it!

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Also remember that if you don't want to upgrade your contract the Dell Venue Pro is available from Dell's website for full retail of $299.

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
welcome!!! the dell venue is a nice phone, although you have 30 days for the buyers remorse period, if you dont like it i would reccommend the hd7, or see what comes out in the next few weeks!!!

dell had some firmware issues, supposedly fixed now

I played with the hd7 and liked it. Sweet device but lack of a physical keyboard was the deciding factor. Hey, if I have issues then I return it and get the hd7 and live with it. There's always options. :)

I hate waiting for things to come in the mail. The excitement for this phone is killing me.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I played with the hd7 and liked it. Sweet device but lack of a physical keyboard was the deciding factor. Hey, if I have issues then I return it and get the hd7 and live with it. There's always options. :)

I hate waiting for things to come in the mail. The excitement for this phone is killing me.

Welcome to the community. And I agree, waiting for things drives me INSANE. I ordered my Toudchpad from amazon (HUGE mistake) on a Friday...had to wait til Tuesday to get it...nearly lost my mind. Almost called off work on Tuesday to wait for it ;)

I look forward to seeing what you think about the OS when you get your phone. Good luck on weathering the wait!

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
You gotta here how much of an idiot I am. When I was ordering the phone last night through the Dell site, I went through the whole song and dance signing up for a contract and what not. Once that was all over I closed out my browser totally forgetting to actually click "check out" on the Dell site. So basicaly I signed up for TMobile service but never phyiscally ordered the phone.

Have to call Dell on my lunch break.

And I guarentee you that this storm is going to delay shipping on it as well.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the community. And I agree, waiting for things drives me INSANE. I ordered my Toudchpad from amazon (HUGE mistake) on a Friday...had to wait til Tuesday to get it...nearly lost my mind. Almost called off work on Tuesday to wait for it ;)

I look forward to seeing what you think about the OS when you get your phone. Good luck on weathering the wait!

You know you're a hardcore geek when you call off work/rearrange your schedule so you can wait for your gadget to show up. (And yes, I have done it before)

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
You know you're a hardcore geek when you call off work/rearrange your schedule so you can wait for your gadget to show up. (And yes, I have done it before)

Amen. Pretty much every time I ever got parts for a new computer this definitely happened. I took a half day and a sick day last year when I got my new stereo system. I had to test it out after all ;)

My justification is awesome. How can I concentrate at work? In the long run I will be happier and work better with a mental health day :)

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
You gotta here how much of an idiot I am. When I was ordering the phone last night through the Dell site, I went through the whole song and dance signing up for a contract and what not. Once that was all over I closed out my browser totally forgetting to actually click "check out" on the Dell site. So basicaly I signed up for TMobile service but never phyiscally ordered the phone.

Have to call Dell on my lunch break.

And I guarentee you that this storm is going to delay shipping on it as well.

Awe man...that is PAINFUL. Hope you get it sorted out!

Any way you can go to a t-mobile store and get instant gratification?

monotok

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
In a similar boat, ordered a Pre 3 and then HP screwed us so its on ebay and got the Dell instead and im so glad i did, its amazing :D

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
welcome came from webos too, have the arrive tho. it takes awhile to get used to but go at it with a open mind and the fact that the os isnt even a year old. also remember that MS is putting there back behind this and mango is the start of there on going assault for innovation and recognition that windows phone will be on top or aleast number 2 in the next 3 years. Bet me ;)

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
welcome came from webos too, have the arrive tho. it takes awhile to get used to but go at it with a open mind and the fact that the os isnt even a year old. also remember that MS is putting there back behind this and mango is the start of there on going assault for innovation and recognition that windows phone will be on top or aleast number 2 in the next 3 years. Bet me ;)

Oh def man. The moement I get a new phone I open up every option, window, menu and what ever else is in the phone to see what it does and how it behaves. A couple of days of that and I am golden.

UPDATE: So Dell customer service gave me the run around worse than the Pope in an abortion clinic. 8 representatives later they finally said I will need to contact TMobile and have them null the application for the contract I originally put in, then order the phone starting the whole process over again. But I am smarter than the average bear you see....

Reading the Dell web site says the contract doesn't start until I physically activate the device I ordered. Since I never ordered a device there is no contract. So I just ordered the phone again and everything went fine. No need to call TMobile. I will have the phone in 7 business days.

So now I wait..sigh.

DrSaiko

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Welcome.
I'm a DVP user. Bought it a month ago and so far I had no problems with it.
Its an amazing and attractive phone. The only problem with it now is the camera, awful (blurry) picture quality specially at night.

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
Welcome.
I'm a DVP user. Bought it a month ago and so far I had no problems with it.
Its an amazing and attractive phone. The only problem with it now is the camera, awful (blurry) picture quality specially at night.

the camera is no big deal for me. My nikon follows me almost at all times. And besides, I'm used to it. My pre 2 can't even zoom. Musselini's cell phone had zoom but not the pre 2. Its beyond me bro.

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
OK now I am in the final stretch. This has been a wild ride for my DVP:

1: They whole issue with Dell as I stated above.
2: the hurricane that ripped through the neighborhood, closing down FedEx locations and slowing down delivery
3: the thing shipped out of Fort Worth the same day Fort Wroth was having HUGE brush fires
4: Missed the delivery last friday because of a job interview.
5. package sat in the rain this morning until some one brought it in for me.

The box probably looks like it was in one of Saddams Palaces. That phone has been through **** and high water. With my luck...it will be DOA. If it isn't...well..I hope it will be worth the wait.

Now I have to wait to get home from work (7PM) to play with it. THIS IS AGONIZING!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb