New (for about 3 weeks now) to WP7, mostly like it but a few quirks

anon62607

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I've got an unlocked Omnia 7, used with a Roshan sim. It's updated to the latest os that the software update sees.

First: the camera settings are forgotten every time I start the camera. If I set the video to 720p, for example, the next time I come back to the camera it's set back at VGA. It's annoying to go through and set up each of my several preference each time I want to take a video or photo. Is this something specific to the Omnia 7 or is this WP7 in general, or am I just doing something wrong?

Second: the media volume in the headset is ridiculously low. If I'm playing a podcast and turn the volume up all the way (to "30") it's just below where I want it to be, however notifications are extremely loud at that volume and it's quite an unfortunate shock if you're listening to wpcentral podcast and sort of drifting off to sleep and an SMS comes in and blows your eardrums out. Is this also something I'm just doing wrong?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.512223,65.847866

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i dont have that problem on my hd7, so it may be a quirk on the omnia... i wish i had more advice, but im sure someone will chime in with more info on this for you, welcome to the forums!!!

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've got an unlocked Omnia 7, used with a Roshan sim. It's updated to the latest os that the software update sees.

First: the camera settings are forgotten every time I start the camera. If I set the video to 720p, for example, the next time I come back to the camera it's set back at VGA. It's annoying to go through and set up each of my several preference each time I want to take a video or photo. Is this something specific to the Omnia 7 or is this WP7 in general, or am I just doing something wrong?

Supposedly this is fixed in Mango. You can save your camera settings, finally.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The lack of saving of camera settings was supposedly a feature but no one like it. It's going to be fixed in the big update. The sound problems seem to be Omnia based or a faulty phone, we need someone with that phone to confirm.

It sounds good on my Optimus.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
for the sound ...

make sure your APP volume is also up ... for exmpale when your on YOUTUBE you can controlt he VID volume and the phone , maybe thats the problem?

hes so hott

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Text Messaging App

The text messaging app reminds me of the Android text application. I would like to see the text bubbles in different colors so that I can clearly identify in a conversation the texts sent from me version the person responding to me. Right now it all one color. iOS and webOS get it right in terms of what I would like to see. Does anyone know if an update is coming in Mango?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The text messaging app reminds me of the Android text application. I would like to see the text bubbles in different colors so that I can clearly identify in a conversation the texts sent from me version the person responding to me. Right now it all one color. iOS and webOS get it right in terms of what I would like to see. Does anyone know if an update is coming in Mango?
That's changed in Mango. The messages that you send appear in a darker version of your theme color.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa