09-07-2011 09:04 AM
63 123
tools
    I went from Android to iOS. Great decision for me. I know the word "fragmented" has been abused by the naysayers, but my experience was an absolute fragmented mess with both of my Android devices. It was nice to have an OS that just works
    Just works..I like that...+1
    08-31-2011 02:34 PM
    I am still in Android I have a Nexus S and I like it a lot, I am also a Xbox and Zune user, I started a new job and they won't let me keep a phone on sprint, and I didn't want to give it up (I have 1 years seniority with them and that helps with any carrier), so I decided my employer will fund a Samsung focus on AT&T, just picked it up. I will probably do a side by side comparison soon. what is the best barcode/QR reader app and Google voice app for Windows phone 7?
    as far as the QR/bar code scanner ... either put the mango beta on your phone or wait until mango is pushed by ATT ... the best barcode reader implementation i've ever seen. pre-MANGO bar code apps are prehistoric and can't utilize the camera's API

one of the best parts of how mango handles the code reading is ... it's built in, no app required ... integrated with BING.
    smartpatrol likes this.
    08-31-2011 03:03 PM
    Just works..I like that...+1
    Me too which is why I'm eyeing the Focus. I had a Zune until earlier this year (my 120 GB just kept messing up) so I stopped using it and also dropped my Android phone for an iPhone (pre-paid). I will say I miss the 14.99 package and with WP7 being way more stable than the Zune devices, I'm ready to try this out
    08-31-2011 03:09 PM
    Me too which is why I'm eyeing the Focus. I had a Zune until earlier this year (my 120 GB just kept messing up) so I stopped using it and also dropped my Android phone for an iPhone (pre-paid). I will say I miss the 14.99 package and with WP7 being way more stable than the Zune devices, I'm ready to try this out
    i have played around with the focus in an att store...very nice phone. If I had att I would buy it in a second
    08-31-2011 08:31 PM
    My first post here. Been lurking in the shadows for the last month or so and finally decided to say hello.

Anywho, I just switched from a HTC Thunderbolt with Verizon to my Trophy. I have not had an issue with it at all. Love the fact that my battery lasts for longer than 4 hours a day and also that I don't have to reset my phone on an hourly basis because of lockups or having to Force Close something.

I haven't even updated to Mango yet and I'm a big believer of the OS.
    08-31-2011 10:37 PM
    +1
    09-02-2011 07:53 AM
    I am still in Android I have a Nexus S and I like it a lot, I am also a Xbox and Zune user, I started a new job and they won't let me keep a phone on sprint, and I didn't want to give it up (I have 1 years seniority with them and that helps with any carrier), so I decided my employer will fund a Samsung focus on AT&T, just picked it up. I will probably do a side by side comparison soon. what is the best barcode/QR reader app and Google voice app for Windows phone 7?
    I've been using AT&Ts QR reader and I haven't had any problems with it but that's the only one I tried.
    09-02-2011 09:29 AM
    Unlike many others, I was actually happy with Windows Mobile.
    Same here. Windows Mobile was not flashy at all, but it was a solid communications device. There were many features there that took years to migrate to other OSes. It just wasn't that good for web browsing and media was a bit lame. I really liked all of the customization options with Windows Mobile.

I would like to see more options with Windows Phone, but overall it is probably the best OS for the masses, especially for the growing demographics that are not males in the mid-20s to mid-30s.
    09-02-2011 12:24 PM
    My first post here. Been lurking in the shadows for the last month or so and finally decided to say hello.

Anywho, I just switched from a HTC Thunderbolt with Verizon to my Trophy. I have not had an issue with it at all. Love the fact that my battery lasts for longer than 4 hours a day and also that I don't have to reset my phone on an hourly basis because of lockups or having to Force Close something.

I haven't even updated to Mango yet and I'm a big believer of the OS.
    Welcome to WPCentral and the Windows Phone community!
    09-02-2011 12:36 PM
    I'm about 2

sent from my desire
    Awesome!! Enjoy your new Windows Phone.
    09-02-2011 12:42 PM
    Yes, welcome aboard! I also have a trophy, I love it. Solid hardware and an awesome os.
    09-02-2011 07:07 PM
    I didn't come from Android but funny story. Just got back from lunch and my coworker pulled out a WP7 phone. I knew he had an Android so I aske dhim what happened to his Evo. He said his friend lent him the phone to play with for a few days while he was away on business (or something) and this is how the story ends:

Next upgrade he is ditching android for WP7.

He said he neve rreally had a chance to see a WP7 up close and play around with it, but after a day he is hooked.
    09-06-2011 02:11 PM
    Windows Mobile was not flashy at all, but it was a solid communications device.
    That's a pretty good description!

I'm not personally a fan of the iPhone, but I'm so glad its around. I'd have blocked my mom's number by now if she ended up with an Android phone.

I came from a year and a half with Android, never going back! Even if I'm stuck with NoDo! I couldn't even stand waiting until November to be away from that phone. I was about to buy a flip phone just to get a phone that did its job again before getting the Arrive out of contract. I just feel bad for the sucker I sold it to. lol
    09-07-2011 09:04 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD